SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Sage User

Help! My harddrive is filling up!!!

First of all, let me say may, many thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to create a do-it-all alternate UI for Sage. I am a new convert from BTV after finally joining the twenty-first century (i.e. sprung for HD TV) who also just switched from the standard UI to SageMC. WOW, there is a lot to figure out.

Could someone help me figure out why my new system all of a sudden started recording around the clock? In a week my hard drive (1TB) is almost full and nobody in the house will admit to setting up all those recording!

The non-stop recording started after I installed SageMC 6.4.8a, which by the way fixed a problem with the previous version pf SageMC menus appearing in big blocky chunks on my HD200. I have checked the settings that control “Intelligent Recording” and “New suggestions” (same words for the exact same feature/function?); both were off on HD200, and a Client and the server client. I turned them on then off on HD200 and Server. No joy.

Help!!!!
Thanks,
Ken
Old 12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Perhaps users are not hitting the STOP button when they're done watching TV? Sage will continue to record the last channel watched. Other than that, check the Favorites and see what's scheduled to be recorded.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did you enable Intelligent Recordings?
Sage will record all sorts of stuff for you if it is enabled.

edit: I should read posts completely before responding.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Do you always have video playing in your menus?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_E View Post
Perhaps users are not hitting the STOP button when they're done watching TV? Sage will continue to record the last channel watched. Other than that, check the Favorites and see what's scheduled to be recorded.
Actually I've been slow to introduce Sage to the family and we never used Live TV so I don't think that is it. I'll re-examine Favorites, but I know prior to installing SageMC 6.4.8a there were only a small number of Favorites that I personally added.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 12-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Do you always have video playing in your menus?
I don't think so, I don't recall seeing that. I believe that the video in menu setting is on, but I don't really like it so I always stop a video then exit. I should probably just turn it off. I'll try that.

Why would that cause new programs to be recorded on all tuners? Not every tuner is recording non-stop, but there are shows scheduled almost non-stop among 4 tuners and often more that one show is recording at a time. There are also times when it is recording 4 shows and a conflict arises as it wants to record show #5.

I would say it thinks it has many, many Favorites set which sounds to me like it is trying to help me out by recording what it hinks I might like. Problem is I've checked (it was set off), then turned on and turned off that feature. That setting should be a global setting affecting the server no matter which client set it, correct?

I have 2 clients (1 standalone plus server), 2 HD200s and 2 MVPs.

Thanks again,
Ken
Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

w84no1 wrote on another forum;

"There is a setting in the Detailed Setup->Customize->Delete Live TV files when not using Intelligent Recording. If you set that to Yes it will delete the shows as you change channels."

You might check that setting.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_E View Post
Other than that, check the Favorites and see what's scheduled to be recorded.
I took a more critical look at Favorites/Series and noticed an entry that didn't make sense to me: "Action". I have to admit that when I looked before I saw what I was expecting to see, just the names of a few shows I'd set up while testing. Closer examination of "Action", revealed I must have inadvertantly set a fav while exploring the category lists. Sure enough all the shows being recorded were "Action". WOW, I had no clue I could do that!!!

Many thanks for all the suggestions and my appologies for my doltness.
Ken
Old 12-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah, it'll even record favorites by keywords, you have to be careful but now you know...