SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Sage User

Timed Record Recordings - Where Are They Coming From

Good morning all,
I have started to notice that Im getting a growing number of Timed Record Recordings under SageTV Recordings. Usually, every recording is named per its listing in the EPG (I'm just using the free EPG currently).

When ever I record a show, it's from the EPG. I scan the EPG every few days and add any shows of interest. My favourites etc do the rest of my search and record work for me. Usually, I add about ten minutes extra record time prior to and after the EPG default time for a show, just so I don't miss the start or the end.

After about 2 weeks, I have 10 listings in the Timed Record Recordings area. The main problem is that all of these programs are now called Timed Record, so I have to actually watch them to find out what they are. They are all programs that I had originally scheduled to record, by the way.

I have assumed, at this point, that this problem is the result of the TV stations changing a program in the EPG after I have scheduled it for recording, but really don't know if this is the case or not.

Has anyone else noticed this problem in Australia?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Floyd.
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P Mainboard / Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00 GHz / 2.00GB RAM / Gigabyte Geforce 8600GTS with Silent Pipe / SBLive Audigy 2 ZS / LiteOn SHW-1635S DVD-RW / WD 300GB SATA HDD / Samsung 500GB SATA HDD / Seagate 1.0TB SATA HDD / Winfast Px DVR3200 H DVB-T Card / Dvico Dual Digital Twin DVB-T Card (black PCB) / 42" Plasma / Logitech Di Novo Edge Keyboard / Nvidia PureVideo Decoder / Cyberlink Audio Decoder / WinXP Pro SP2 / SageTV v6.x / Antec Server Case
Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Yes !
I get the same thing (Melbourne), and it is often SBS shows, although not always.
I have no idea why a show sometimes is recorded as the name 'Timed Record' , when my IceTV guide always shows the correct name when I schedule the recording.

I would love this one to be answered too.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Sage User

I had a closer look at which stations had this problem. I have 9 recordings that are from 10HD, and one from SBSHD.

Floyd
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P Mainboard / Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00 GHz / 2.00GB RAM / Gigabyte Geforce 8600GTS with Silent Pipe / SBLive Audigy 2 ZS / LiteOn SHW-1635S DVD-RW / WD 300GB SATA HDD / Samsung 500GB SATA HDD / Seagate 1.0TB SATA HDD / Winfast Px DVR3200 H DVB-T Card / Dvico Dual Digital Twin DVB-T Card (black PCB) / 42" Plasma / Logitech Di Novo Edge Keyboard / Nvidia PureVideo Decoder / Cyberlink Audio Decoder / WinXP Pro SP2 / SageTV v6.x / Antec Server Case
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi all,

I had this happening at one time as well. I'm using XMLTV data, and I had this problem when I set SageTV to update in the middle of the night. I'm not 100% sure what it was related to, but here's an example of what would happen. Let's say I set a recording for 2 AM. If I have my EPG update at 2:15 AM, my recording ends up as a timed recording. I'm not really sure why this was happening, but I changed my SageTV to update in the afternoon, and I've not had this problem since. I also noted that the sites I source my schedule from have 24 h cycles starting at 4 AM. I have noted the same problem for recordings between 12 AM and 4 AM. But since moving my EPG to later in the day, I've not seen this problem.

So, I don't know if you are having is the same kind of problem or not, but I might try forcing an update at another time of the day to see if that fixes the issue for me. It won't get your program names back, but your recordings from here on in might be named correctly.

Steve