SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage User

Timed Recordings bug in SageTV

Hi

I own 2 hauppauge PVR USB2s. I frequently capture from the composite source of both devices at the same time, and SageTV allows me to do this by setting up a timed recording. Sometimes I may want to finish capturing before the scheduled finish time, and in these instances I am able to press stop recording and keep the partial file using the excellent "multifunction_stop_import" plugin I discovered here

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11603

So far so good. The problem is that although it can record from both devices at the same time, once these recordings are set and in progress, it won't allow me to switch from one channel to the other (ie switch between the composite channels of my devices). It will allow me to watch one of them, and if I try to connect to the other (eg using program guide) then it comes back with the following error

There was an error playing No Data: ERROR (-7)

This isn't a massive problem, I just have to wait until the scheduled end time and then I can playback the recorded file no problem.

It is however something I would like resolved if possible, as I can't prematurely stop the recording on the composite channel it won't let me connect to AND keep the partial file corresponding to that recording at present.

Interestingly if I schedule the recordings from the programme guide, I then can switch between my composite channels when the recordings are in progress. However there aren't any "programmes" in the programme guide, just 60 minute blocks of emptiness which don't correspond to the length of time I would actually like to record over.

Any help greatly received - SageTV rules!

Sharif
Old 03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Sage

Submit a bug report on this please: http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Sage User

OK, have done. I assume it's a bug, happy to be put right if someone can tell me otherwise.

Cheers