SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-09-2008, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

To get back to the original question about OnDemand - is this issue that Sage does not know the IR commands for Left, Right, A, B, etc. that would be required for selecting an ON Demand show? These are the remote control keypresses required to select On Demand content on my Sci Atl boxes.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
babgvant

Here is what you may be looking for:

On screen remote

Gerry
Thanks, I will check it out. Doesn't look very saf friendly though.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
To get back to the original question about OnDemand - is this issue that Sage does not know the IR commands for Left, Right, A, B, etc. that would be required for selecting an ON Demand show? These are the remote control keypresses required to select On Demand content on my Sci Atl boxes.
To be really seemless, Sage would have almost have to have an "On Demand" mode. Similar to the "gaming mode" that some early tv tuners had for video, and pass IR commands straight through...
Old 12-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post

My friend was over last night and noticed my new little black box. He is not yet a SageTV user. He will be buying one of the HD200s just for it's abilities to handle his videos and music on his local network. He watches hulu a lot too. His remark was: "I can get rid of that PC in my bedroom now. This is great!"
I don't see the PC as something to be tolerated, then discarded when a CE device that also does what it does comes along.

The fact that we have been able to do Netflix, Hulu, etc. for so long on a PC; and only now on a HD200 demonstrates one of the things I've been trying to say. You get stuff first on a PC (maybe not in the easiest experience), sure you have hulu and netflix now (if you pay for another service which adds to TCO); but what won't you get tomorrow?