SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-26-2004, 01:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

salbst:
Regarding #1...
Hold on a jiff there. You are not speaking the entire truth here.
Quote:
When the screen saver kicks in, SageTV continues to record whatever it was recording prior to the screen saver kicking in
. What you left off is, No other shows will be recorded unless scheduled to record. The subtle difference u ask? If you are watching an half hour show and you hit Sleep 29 minutes into the program, it may record the entire show until it ends (1 min remaining). It will not start recording the next half hour starting in 2 minutes from whence you hit Sleep! Do you see the difference?? As I explained earlier, this totally screws up recording subsequint recordings of NON Scheduled LiveTV.

Also, wtf due you mean
Quote:
The screen saver will kick in based on inactivity if you configure SageTV so. Again, it won't have any impact on recording.
There is no way, as I have found, for this to happen. Please enlighten if this is an undocumented secret. "Impact on recording" must be a subjective term. Heh. I'd say not having the sageTV recording will have a high impact on ones TV watching enjoyment! Maybe just me...

Anyways, no distraction, just patent confusion of the use of a software package to act as a PVR.

I look forward to answers, not obsfucation.

Thanks in advance,

-Cab
Old 02-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

salbst:

Ahh looks like you amended by edit your #1 to say what I've been saying all long.

Thanks.

Now, as to #2......?
Old 02-26-2004, 01:13 PM

Everything salbst says is correct. You are speaking of two things like they are one.

#1 Putting Sage to sleep stops the timeshifting of the last watched TV station (if you were watching live TV). You have now configured Sage to display its screen saver when you put Sage to sleep but you are still putting Sage to sleep. When Sage is in sleep mode it will only record shows that are in its upcoming recording schedule.

#2 Sage has a built in screen saver that unless you disable in setup will come up on screens without video due to inactivity. However, since only the screen saver is coming on and Sage is NOT going to sleep the recording buffer for Live TV continues.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude:
Excellent! Thanks for the straight answers. I get it know.

The whole screen saver on inactivity, i.e. shows without activity, can't happen watching live TV as there is always video being displayed.

Cool

Case closed!
Old 02-26-2004, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

1) the screen saver has no impact whatsoever in any way on recording. Zero, zilch, nada.

2) sleep has nothing to do with background (non LiveTV) recordings

3) to stop live tv, do one of 3 things: (a) close the program; (b) put it to sleep; (c) cause the tuner(s) to do background (non LiveTV) recording.