SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Sage User

Capture card installation order?

Is there a specific installation order or method for systems using multiple tuner cards? I ask this because I’ve recently rebuilt my server. I am using a Hauppauge PVR-150 and 1600 card.

With both cards in the system I installed the latest 150 drivers. I was getting ready to install the 1600s drivers and noticed that under the Device Manager that the 1600 drivers appeared to also be installed. Do the latest PVR-150 drivers also install the drivers for the 1600? I decided to continued and installed the 1600s drivers.

Now the problem. I’ve noticed that programs that are recorded with the 150 seem to stutter and have playback issues whereas programs that are recorded with the 1600 all seem to playback fine.

With my original configuration the PVR 150 card had been the only card in the system. This system performed great for over a year. I then added the 1600 into this setup and everything seemed to be functioning correctly. Later I decided to change and upgrade the server’s hardware and that is when I had both cards in the system at once during the installation as mentioned above.