SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Sage User

Please Help-Get only 8 hours in EPG

I have spent many days on the forum and have tried everything from the FAQ. My EPG used to work fine till last week. I had to delete the HDHR tuners, upgrade the HDHR software & firmware then Reinstall the sources in Sage. This worked but apparently I am getting the EPG guide from OTA. I cannot setup the zap2it because no area listings are in the Broadcast Market list (Blank) in the setup wizard. I tried setting it up with cable instead of OTA and got the same thing (No List). Both MCE and Beyond TV guides update fine with 2 weeks out. My EPG is definately coming from the HDHR. My Zip is 93635
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SSBrian; 11-17-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Check your firewall ports. You'll need to be able to download the providers list & the rest of the EPG data in order to get all the proper channels & station IDs added automatically.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Sage User

I am soo frustrated. I have done that. Too much time to get SageTv to work the way BTV did. It used to work fine till last Friday. BTV and MCE still works perfect with the 2 week out epg. Why is there nothing in the Broadcast or Cable market list in the wizard?
Thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Sage User

Andy,
Shouldn't I be able to get some kind of lists or is it because of the zap2it thing with ota. Is there a way to use my snapstream.net epg? I even manually opened port 7760 in one care, both directions- internet. The bad thing is, I could be spending all these days trying to get this to work again and it isn't possible any more.
Please advise.

Last edited by SSBrian; 11-17-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Administrator

I got provider choices for your zip code almost immediately, so the info is there.

I'm going to return to suggesting that you double check the firewalll permissions. It may have worked before & gotten reset if you installed an update for some software. Or, if the firewall has per-program permissions and you are now using service mode, you need to allow SageTVService.exe through, not just sagetv.exe.

Here's a connection test you can try:

1) Open a command prompt -- Start -> run -> cmd

2) At the prompt, type:
telnet warlock.freytechnologies.com 7760

If that works, the screen should go blank instead of showing some error. You can log out by using CTRL and "]" on your keyboard, then type quit at the prompt.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Sage User

Andy, I had to install Telnet on Vista first, since it is not installed by default. I could not get it to connect on 3 (2 Vista 1 XP) different PCs (Failed). I setup port 7760 in the firewall every which possible way on all 3 pcs. I also had my friend try it at his house and he could'nt connect. Could I ask that you try to connect from where you are and see if you can.
Thanks, Brian
Old 11-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBrian View Post
Andy, I had to install Telnet on Vista first, since it is not installed by default. I could not get it to connect on 3 (2 Vista 1 XP) different PCs (Failed). I setup port 7760 in the firewall every which possible way on all 3 pcs. I also had my friend try it at his house and he could'nt connect.
That sounds like something is blocking the port somewhere, but I don't know what is doing it. I suggest you submit a support request to SageTV to see what suggestion they might have. Or, maybe someone else on the forum will know how to find out what is blocking the port.

Quote:
Could I ask that you try to connect from where you are and see if you can.
I tried what I suggested before posting the suggestion. I also knew your zip code had available providers and the local broadcasters list worked before my first reply, which is why I suspected a port issue.

- Andy
Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 AM
Sage User

Andy, I was typing in the wrong thing at the command prompt (Left out "frey") after I allowed the port. I was able to connect to their server and got the blank screen, but the port config still didn't solve the problem. It seems locked into getting the EPG from the HDHR tuners (OTA) and won't allow it to configure with Sages built in EPG.

I don't get a list in the source wizzard after deleting the tuners and reinstalling them no matter which way I choose during the tuner install (OTA or Cable). I do see the video from the tuner during setup (digital tuner). After telling it to "not use the program guide with this source", I was able to use sage normally but it is getting the epg from OTA.
Any Ideas?
Thanks Again,
Brian
Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBrian View Post
Andy, I was typing in the wrong thing at the command prompt (Left out "frey") after I allowed the port. I was able to connect to their server and got the blank screen
OK, so the connection to the EPG server works from your PC...

Quote:
I don't get a list in the source wizzard after deleting the tuners and reinstalling them no matter which way I choose during the tuner install (OTA or Cable).
... and that means SageTV can't talk to the EPG server. If you haven't yet completely disabled/closed the firewall, try that. If the firewall is completely out of the picture, then I don't know why it wouldn't connect & you should contact support, as I posted above.

BTW: what version of SageTV are you using? Are you 1) trying to use SageTV past the trial period, or are 2) still within the trial period or have a license?

Quote:
After telling it to "not use the program guide with this source", I was able to use sage normally but it is getting the epg from OTA.
That's because you have no built-in EPG data to match channels to.

- Andy
Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Make aure you're not running some Symantec Interent Suite or MacAfee Suite or some other antivirus/malware/internet suite. They will usually block some of those ports by default also.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.