SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

How to sort My Videos by filename

Short version: How can I make the My Videos section sort on file name instead of video title.

Backgroud:
I've been experimenting with .properties files for video files. (Mostly backed-up television shows.) This has worked out great so far, except that My Videos is sorting based on the Title, and I'd prefer it sort on the file name.

For example, Season 1 of House has been my test bed for all of this. So I have a video whose path is "\House\Season 1\01x01 - Pilot.avi". The Title is "Pilot", which is what is used for sorting. I'd like it to use "01x01 - Pilot.avi" for sorting so that the files sort in the order of airing.

I have tried some studo modifications, but so far no luck. I have tried replacing the line "GroupedVideos = Sort(GroupedVideos, false, "CaseInsensitive")" with varios versions of SortLexical.

I have also tried setting the Track property of the file and then sorting by that, but the Sage API says it returns 0 for the track if it is not a music file.

Ultimately, I could just make the title "01x01 - Pilot", but I consider that my last resort.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Sage User

IIRC, I left the "Title=" field blank in the .properties file. If the title field is blank, Sage will sort by the filename.

Try this. If it doesn't work let me know and I can dig into my brain and try to get the real answer. (I'm not at home at the moment and can't look for sure)

BTW, you can set a mask in the excellent Batch Metadater Updater App by Stuckless IIRC so that it will write the .properties files with the IMDB data but always leave the Title= field blank.

Chuck

Last edited by ChuckSchick; 11-19-2008 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Sage User

Oh... I believe I had to change the timestamp of the files to get Sage to refresh them in the library.

I did this as a batch with, http://www.irnis.net/soft/xtst/ "express timestamp toucher" (free)
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, that does work. Thank you.

Idealy, I would like to display the title and sort by filename, but for now, this will work.

Thanks again.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

In file system view things are sorted by the name of the folder not the title. I already take advantage of this to help sorting the way I want. For example, I don't want it to use "The" at the beginning to sort on. So I'll have the folder named "Three Musketeers" and the title called "The Three Musketeers". It then gets sorted with the S. This only works in file system view, not in genre or title.

-Mike
Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

That may be the case for folders ( I am not setting the title for folders, so I didn't know that). For the files within the folders, however, it is definately sorting by title, if the title is present.

That is a good tip for folder sorting, though. Thanks for that.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

I say folder because it is a folder when you have the VIDEO_TS structure. I'm surprised it doesn't work for files. I'll peek into the STV xml to see how it's actually sorted in filsystem view.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can confirm that even with files, it is definitely sorting by filename and not by title when in file system view. I recently got a fantastic 4 blu-ray. I created a file Fantastic 4.ts and it is being sorted with the Fs in filesystem view, and not with the Ts even though the title is set to "The Fantastic 4".

-Mike