SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
I've seen my processor usage drop some more after tweaking some settings. I went to always use directshow in sage.properties, and disabled raw video support in ffdshow. As I mentioned in a previous thread the processor percentage lowered after time, starting out at around 25% before ending up under 10% (using powerdvd 7.3 codec) Microstuttering only on HD content. its a good start.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, when troublshooting, its always a good idea not to throw in other 3rd party software into the mix which will just ask for more trouble. I personallly never have been a fan of ffdshow for anything except for low quality old fashioned DVDs; certainly no HD. l'm guesssing the sageTV developers are focusing on just gettng mpeg2/h.264 avc/vc1 to work with PowerDVD 8 and Arcsoft with the same performance you would expect in WMP, PowerDVD 8, and Graphedit with EVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokurin View Post
I've seen my processor usage drop some more after tweaking some settings. I went to always use directshow in sage.properties, and disabled raw video support in ffdshow. As I mentioned in a previous thread the processor percentage lowered after time, starting out at around 25% before ending up under 10% (using powerdvd 7.3 codec) Microstuttering only on HD content. its a good start.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I should have checked this before. I'm not getting hardware acceleration with mpeg-2 either. I'm sure it's due to the same EVR issues.

My ATI issues might not be gone after all. I forgot that the problem I mentioned before dissapeared when I disable DXVA for mpeg2.

Thanks,
Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
It seems to have improved mpeg2 playback. I've had a really troublesome 2 1/2 men recording for a long time that has really weird video issues without EVR on ATI cards. In fact I switched out the 2600XTs in my 2 primary TV client PCs for Nvidia 8600GTs because of all lots of problems with mpeg2 (my office pc is still running a 2600XT). The new beta with EVR has made that problem dissapear on the ATI card!

Now the bad news. For some reason, I'm still not getting H.264 acceleration with EVR in SageTV (on both machines with ATI and Nvidia). In fact, something is not right about the way SageTV is using EVR.