SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Sage

Smile SageTV V4.1.6 Beta Is Available

Here's the latest beta release from us to address some current issues and add some other little features. Let us know if there's any issues by reporting bugs to http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html

The beta updates can always be accessed from http://www.sagetv.com/beta.html

It is HIGHLY recommended to use this version over V4.1.5. There's a major issue in V4.1.5 that was discovered today when being run in service mode that V4.1.6 resolves (issues with favorites not being recorded or problems with the MVP UI).

This version can be used under the trial or by registered users.

SageTV: http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V4_1_6Setup.exe

SageTVClient: http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient_V4_1_6Setup.exe

Release Notes:

SageTV V4.1.6 Release Notes 1/27/2005

Core Updates
1. Added propert for encoders forced_video_storage_path_prefix. If this is set then it will only write to video storage directories that being with the string this property is set to.
2. Updated dshow_tv_type property setting for encoders to be automatic based on country selection.
3. Fixed issue with repeatedly launching the screen saver while the screen saver was already active.
4. Updates for new transcoding engine that doesn't have to go through the Media Server
5. Fixed bug where a file transfer could overwrite a file with itself and end up zeroing it out
6. Added support for seeking within transcoded files that are currently being recorded.
7. Fixed broadcast for SageTV Server discovery from SageTVClient so it uses the right broadcast address.
8. Fixed broadcast discovery problem with network encoders where it wasn't using the right broadcast address.
9. Fixed issues with negative uptimes
10. Added property seeker/disable_video directory_verifications which if set to true will stop the scanning of the video directories which may cause performance issues with large content volumes. It is not recommeneded to set this to true unless you know what you're diong.
11. FIX: some Europe DVB-T TS AC3 audio taged with stream type 6 instead of 0x81
12. new PSParser code is able handle the program stream file that carries more than 2 PES streams ( mutil private streams in some ripping DVD VOB file ).
13. fix: can't playback mpeg file created by some network encoder that system packets are embedded in middle of stream packets.
14. Fixed issue with Favorite recordings getting dropped (and other random problems) when running in service mode.

Linux Specific Updates
1. Fixed issue where the MVP didn't work right in a mode 0 install

Windows Specific Updates
1. DVB-T capabilities are now enabled by default. No need to edit the properties file anymore.
2. If tuner frq file is not availabe, we save a default tuner frq file for user building customized channel table easily.
3. Fixed possible exception errors due to bad input data from the capture filter
4. When playing back a file with AC3 audio; if the SageTV MPEG Audio Decoder is selected, it will now automatically be removed and replaced with the AC3Filter.
5. Added error check for having the wrong version of the SageTV MPEG Demux

Media Extender Updates
1. Redid the extender protocol so it runs on a single port and uses 2 channels instead of 3 for communication. The port used is 31099.
2. Changed cleanup code so that it doesn't wait for the response from the MVP (this speeds it up significantly).
3. Added a socket timeout to the MiniPlayer and also enabled socket keep alive.
4. Initial MiniPlayer connections are no longer dropped after 30 seconds if not used as long as the UI session for that client is still active.
5. Fixed issues with MVPs not working properly when the server was in service mode

Studio Updates
None

STV Updates
1. Made use of negative return values for GetOriginalAiringDate() so that older dates would work.
2. Added check to help prevent copying files over themselves in Media Center's File Browser.
3. Fixed "CurrTime" shape in the Program Guide so that its value of 1800000 comes from the "ui/epg_col_duration" property.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Sage Expert

Very nice... Thanks for the update!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the update. However, the .wmv import bug is still there.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Still seeing the high (100%) CPU utilization during transcoding, and it seems to stay high even after returning to normal SageTV file playback on Media Extender.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Sage Expert

Hey Jeff:

I don't see anything in your update list about the possible bug you mentioned where both the UI and recording engines initialize the IR tuner plugin. I had big hopes for this.

KJ
Old 01-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Sage

pawn,

That bug had been fixed, not sure why it got left out of the release notes.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Still seeing the high (100%) CPU utilization during transcoding, and it seems to stay high even after returning to normal SageTV file playback on Media Extender.
Is there still an FFMPEG.exe process running at that point? Can you submit a bug report for this please?
Old 01-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Windows Specific Updates....
2. If tuner frq file is not availabe, we save a default tuner frq file for user building customized channel table easily.
What is this? Can it mean that a custom tuner frequency file can be created outside of the registry? Is it now possible to create custom frequency table files that are specific to each tuner? Oh please? That would make the fine tuning of my PVR cards VERY good instead of a compromise between each cards recepion based on a common frequency.

TIA
Steve
Old 01-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can't even get my MVP to boot. It just hangs at the Sage boot screen, it never gets to the UI. All I did was install 4.1.6 Anyone else having this problem? I've unplugged the MVP and rebooted the server, but still no luck. The other computer clients connect fine.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
I just did the upgrade and I'm watching a recording over my MVP right now. I had to unplug the MVP for about 1 minute and then plugged it back in and it was up and working.
Router: Dlink DGL-4300

Using Wireshark to Troubleshoot Network Issues with your SageTV Setup
Old 01-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Not on my newly built system with a Nove-t DVB-T card in it doesnt.

This means I cant adjust the file to set channel frequencies etc. I've tried creating a randomly named .frq file but, unsuprisingly, that doesnt work. Any hints as to what the name should be for a particular tuner?
Old 01-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I've tried everything I know, I can't get the darn MVP to boot at all. All I did was install 4.1.6, and now it won't boot at all.

Edit -
It seems that the properties file for sage was corrupt some how. I had to replace an old backup, works fine now. Wierd, but its working and the UI is even faster now. Thanks again.

Last edited by nigfink; 01-28-2006 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigfink
Well I've tried everything I know, I can't get the darn MVP to boot at all. All I did was install 4.1.6, and now it won't boot at all.

Edit -
It seems that the properties file for sage was corrupt some how. I had to replace an old backup, works fine now. Wierd, but its working and the UI is even faster now. Thanks again.
I am having the same issue - hanging at the splash screen. How did you determine that a corrupt properties file was the cause? Were there different settings between the corrupt file and the one you replaced it with?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet
I am having the same issue - hanging at the splash screen. How did you determine that a corrupt properties file was the cause? Were there different settings between the corrupt file and the one you replaced it with?
Problem solved.

Based on nigfink's update regarding a corrupted properties file, I did some digging into my own properties file and found the issue. As it turned out, the properties file for my MVP extender (in the clients/ directory), contained an STV entry that referred to a file no longer on my system. So, I assume the MVP was looking to load an STV that didn't exist and the hang occurred.

I removed the STV property and the MVP booted with no trouble, then I used the default UI to point it at correct location of the custom STV.

As an aside, I noticed that the MVP UI only allows you to select an STV file and not an XML file. On the Server's UI, I can choose to use either one. Is there a particular reason for this?[EDIT: NEVERMIND. I FIGURED THIS ONE OUT, TOO. If no STV properties exists in the MVP's file, it uses the STV entry in the Sage.properties file. Mine still happens to point to SageTV3.stv. I updated Sage.properties to point to SageTV3.xml and all is well again.]

Last edited by spacecadet; 01-28-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
pawn,

That bug had been fixed, not sure why it got left out of the release notes.
Thanks for the response.

KJ
Old 01-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the update. It appears a lot more stable than 4.1.5 on first testing.

One thing is not working properly though, after every reboot of the MVP, the stv setting gets reset. So, it loads the default stv at startup. I tried to do it a few times now, but it gets reset every time.
Is there some setting that overules this maybe?

Henk99
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I've noticed that too. I've shut down my MVP and manually edited the MVP clients .properties file for the STV I want to use. That seems to hold.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Administrator

I'm not certain what the difference is, but I just tried it & my selected STV stuck around when I restarted the MVP. I'm running in service mode, btw. How are you shutting down the MVP?

Have you tried going to the Configuration Wizard screen & then back to the main menu? (The properties are force-saved when you exit the main Config Wiz menu.) Does your selected STV stick around after that?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

One problem I've had with my MVPs when using v4.1.5 and v4.1.6 is that frequently when changing channels the MVPs would lockup, requiring an unplug/replug. v4.1.4 didn't have this problem. I am using a couple of imports (Dynamic Menus, Comskip, Info Popup, Multi-function Stop); but I used the same ones with v4.1.4 without any problems. I loaded the stock STV on all MVPs to see if the problem persists. I also noticed that the UI is very fast on the MVPs with v4.1.6 and the stock STV, but when I load the Dynamic Menus import the UI slows down considerably... this could very well be causing the freezing. We'll see how it goes without any imports.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
4. Updates for new transcoding engine that doesn't have to go through the Media Server
Does that mean, the transcoding can be done by a different computer, apart from the server?
Marneb