SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Getting warmer. This fix works great for me when I watch live and recorded TV, but I have the same issue as before (audio, no video) when watching MKV files. I'm guessing I may need to file a bug report for that piece. Anyone else having luck?
OK, that should fix the main EVR problem though. Please submit a bug report about the MKV issue. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2008, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, I can also confirm that fixed the main EVR problem too. Works fine now. Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-15-2008, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

When trying to play an mp4 (avc) file (that used to work before) in my imported videos, now my entire SageTV closes without any warning. Is it because I've specified to use H.264 playback to be done by Cyberlink?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
When trying to play an mp4 (avc) file (that used to work before) in my imported videos, now my entire SageTV closes without any warning. Is it because I've specified to use H.264 playback to be done by Cyberlink?
Not sure why that would happen. Submit a bug report with logs and also any hs_err_pid files (just send an email since you can't attach files to bug reports; you know the address).
Old 11-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Try running this from DOS in the SageTV folder:

regsvr32.exe STVEVRPrstr.dll
Did this and my 6.5.1 Vista client is now working beautifully. I was forced to do a new Vista install 11/10 (C drive crash). Had not put SageTVClient back on yet. Installed Vista first. Then installed Total Media Theater (From Hauppauge disk). Installed 6.5.1 Client. Did the register as mentionel in quote. Went thru Client setup from scratch. Mpeg and TS files are playing perfectly.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 11-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Sage User

.dll will not register :(

Sadly, when trying to execute the proposed EVR resolution I get the following Regsvr32 error:

LoadLibrary("STVEVRPrstr.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.

My system is installed on drive F: in the standard folder (F:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\).

I did a debug log on the install and found no obvious anomalies.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?
Old 11-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
About to start looking into this; but I've got a quick idea that might fix it. Try running this from DOS in the SageTV folder:

regsvr32.exe STVEVRPrstr.dll

That may be all that's needed to fix it (we had to change how that registers in the installer because it fails on systems that don't have the EVR; but we had to supress that error in the installer so we may have done something wrong there)
Ok, I'll ask the dumb question. Does this just mean enter "regsvr32.exe STVEVRPrstr.dll" from a command prompt? If not, some for dummies help would be appreciated.

TIA

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 11-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

IN VISTA: Go to Start, Run and type cmd in the run box then press ok.
a command window will open.
At the command prompt type cd\program files\sagetv\sagetv and press enter
your prompt should change to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv
type regsvr32.exe STVEVRPrstr.dll and press enter
you should then get a message saying STVEVRPrstr.dll was registered.

Close your message and command windows and you should be ready to go.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 11-15-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Ok, I'll ask the dumb question. Does this just mean enter "regsvr32.exe STVEVRPrstr.dll" from a command prompt? If not, some for dummies help would be appreciated.

TIA

Jesse
Yes, but you must be running with an elevated (admin) cmd prompt.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

Vaskill: after you do the start run cmd and press enter you should be on the F drive rather than the C drive. Otherwise everything will be the same. Your prompt should be F:\program files\sagetv\sagetv when you execute the register command.

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 11-15-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Yes, but you must be running with an elevated (admin) cmd prompt.
In case you don't know how to do that; you hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter when entering the 'cmd' command to start the DOS shell.

And if you're having problems registering the DLL; it's likely that your system does not support EVR. You can check that by starting SageTV V6.5.1 and going into Detailed Setup->Audio/Video->Video Renderer. If EVR doesn't show up in that list; then it's not installed on your system and therefore the DLL will not be able to register.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

For folks who have iEVR working now - did this help improve playback - i.e. get rid of stuttering.

Is there any reason not to upgrade to this beta - other than the issue about playback of H.264 mkv files?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
For folks who have iEVR working now - did this help improve playback - i.e. get rid of stuttering.

Is there any reason not to upgrade to this beta - other than the issue about playback of H.264 mkv files?
Did you have any problems with the demux beta? Thats in this beta. I still have minor problems with it, but its usable, at least for me. Its the typical beta, back up just in case.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hello,

Thanks Helen. It registered and I am getting playback with EVR. Now if only I was getting DXVA. I am seeing 30%~40% cpu on my Q6600 test machine when viewing HD-PVR recordings. Any clues on how to enable DXVA (yes, I enabled hardware accel in detailed settings).

Thanks again Helen.

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post

I didn't have problems with stuttering, but the EVR works - and it looks great!

Tested various formats, and everything that should be accelerated is.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks Helen. It registered and I am getting playback with EVR. Now if only I was getting DXVA. I am seeing 30%~40% cpu on my Q6600 test machine when viewing HD-PVR recordings. Any clues on how to enable DXVA (yes, I enabled hardware accel in detailed settings).

Thanks again Helen.

Jesse
What decoder are you using? Did you go into the client application (PowerDVD, TMT) and enable HWA? The Cyberlink VC-1 decoder requires a registry change (in case you're having trouble with that as well) to enable HWA even if you enable it in PowerDVD.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
What decoder are you using? Did you go into the client application (PowerDVD, TMT) and enable HWA? The Cyberlink VC-1 decoder requires a registry change (in case you're having trouble with that as well) to enable HWA even if you enable it in PowerDVD.
Hi,

I am using the ArcSoft decoder, and yes I enabled HWA on the TMT video tab. Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi,

I am using the ArcSoft decoder, and yes I enabled HWA on the TMT video tab. Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Jesse
Is this a Vista box (the clients in your sig are are XP)? I'm not sure if HWA works with the EVR on XP (the documentation is promising though).

I like to use GraphEdit (or GraphStudio) to debug these kinds of issues, if it works there then an unwanted filter is probably joining the playback graph.

Build the graph like the one pictured below (which does not demonstrate HWA working btw, G45 IGP ).

http://babgvant.com/images/g45acrsoft.jpg

For HWA to work the decoder filter has to be connected directly to the renderer, filters like ffdshow that do post-processing disable HWA because they join b/w the two.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
Vaskill: after you do the start run cmd and press enter you should be on the F drive rather than the C drive. Otherwise everything will be the same. Your prompt should be F:\program files\sagetv\sagetv when you execute the register command.
Helen, thanks for your suggestion, but sadly that is where I am executing the command from. I have also tried full path, path and file name in quotes and short names (ie. STVEVR~1.dll) with no luck.

SageTV let me select EVR as it did for others, so this should not be a capability issue.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I didn't have problems with stuttering, but the EVR works - and it looks great!
Do you watch sports? I never noticed stuttering at all on TV shows or movies. But once hockey season started I really began to notice it.