SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Sage User

Shaw HD Listings Guide and SageTV

Hi all,

I had been using Windows MC for quite some time but taking the leap towards HD. Bought the Hauppauge HD PVR and now have a Shaw DCT6200 and installed SageTV.

So far, SageTV mostly works but has been crashing. Suspect it might be heat. The biggest challenge and can't figure out is:
1) how do I get HD listings for SageTV and Shaw? Without the listings it seems pointless almost to have a PVR? As far as I can see, the only thing that SageTV seems to see is Digital Shaw and Basic or Extended Cable service. Anyone know how to do this or another source for SageTV?

2) I finalyl got the blaster from Hauppauge to work and change the DCT6200 channels, but when issued from SageTV it doesn't work. I've got it set in SageTV to show that the source is the HD PVR but can't change the tuning source. help?

Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed!
Sean
Old 11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Sean

Your HD listings should be in Sage, I don't have Shaw so I can't confirm if the channels are there or not, you may have to go into the Tuner setup and edit the channel list. The channels appear on Zap2it.com so they should be able to be activated in the tuner's channel setup.

I don't use the Hauppauge blaster, but use a USB-UIRT. I would suggest looking into ordering one, it will make your system much easy to expand in the future. One tuner will frustrate you and you will pick up another soon enough.

Sage Server: i5-2500K 8 GB DDR, 6000gb HDD, 4xHD-PVR < 4xBell 6141, Win7 x64
Client 1: HD-200, Panasonic 42PX75
Client 2: HD-300, Samsung LCD
Client 3: HD-300, Samsung PN50C550
Client 4: MS Surface Pro
Old 11-05-2008, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Your digital lineup should be there - did you try Digital Shaw? In my area I use Rogers Digital. I believe that Sage uses the lineups from Zap2it. Go to Zap2it's site and try finding the correct TV listings for your area - if your postal code doesn't give you HD channels then try some neighbouring postal codes. If Shaw is like Rogers then it is quite likely that channel numbering in the digital band is pretty much the same in all areas.

Another option for channel changing is firewire if your box and your PC have firewire ports.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the same hard time making my IR Blaster work with my Shaw DCT6200 box. How did you make it work?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage User

I ended up using the remote config program. It worked for a while and then it recently stopped working. I haven't figured out why yet tho. I can send the zip file to you if you like.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zands View Post
I ended up using the remote config program. It worked for a while and then it recently stopped working. I haven't figured out why yet tho. I can send the zip file to you if you like.
I have Starchoice using a DSR505 and SageTV with a Hauppauge PVR card, and it gets all the updates of channels usually within a day or two - it took a couple of days to get HBO Canada sorted, but whenever freakin' Shaw adds another stupid 25 pay football channels, I have to go in and delete them all. Hope this helps
Old 12-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

zands:

Thanks, I got the remote working finally, and I also now have my firewire connection properly changing channels on my Shaw box. Yay! Only one more bug to fix, sometimes SageTV hangs when I'm changing channels and the only way I can regain control is to use the task manager, shut it down completely and then relaunch it.