SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Sage User

Capturing channel configuration

I presently have satellite tv and want to experiment with what I can get over the air with a regular antenna through the tuner. Before I do that I would like to make sure that I won't lose my current satellite channel configuration, or at least can save a file somewhere to make sure I can restore the channels.

Can someone tell what the file is to copy as a backup? Would a copy of wiz.bin be sufficient?

A second related question is: can I map the stations I receive over the air to electronic guide channels?

This would mean I could still use the electronic guide information for favourites and such.

Thanks.

Russell.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Administrator

If you want to experiment, at a minimum, you should make backup copies of wiz.bin and sage.properties. You could also backup any .frq & any other files that might be in the SageTV dir for your tuner. Or, you could just make a backup of the SageTV install directory -- that is probably overkill, but at least it would catch everything.

For some reason, to get the local broadcast choice for your OTA EPG data, you need to choose cable/satellite, enter your postal code, then choose the Antenna entry.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Sage User

Thanks that did the trick.