SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

HDHR tuning problems

I came home yesterday and noticed that I couldn't tune any channels with my HDHR. I removed the tuners from SageTV, upgraded the HDHR to the latest firmware and windows software, re-added the tuners in Sage, did the channel scan, etc. I followed the instructions here.

SageTV's channel scan is able to detect the channels and when I am in the channel setup mode in sage I can select 'view' for a channel and it will tune it just fine. The problem is when I exit out of setup mode and try to record a show or tune to live TV from the guide....I don't get any video. I removed and re-added the tuners again, I even uninstalled and re-installed SageTV but still no luck.

Has anyone else seen this before?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Sage Expert

Try going into the "HDHomeRun Setup" application and under the "Support" tab selecting to Reinstall the BDA Drivers.

You can also turn on Debug Logging and see what the messages are when it gave you a blank screen.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure what changed but when I got home from work today the HDHR was magically working.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Although it's working now, you may want to check to see if you should get the power supply replaced by Silicondust: http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5333