SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Sage Expert

Possible to re-order tuners?

I'm not asking about how to change the tuner merit, but rather is there a way to change the order that the tuners are listed? I'm not sure about the default STV, but in SageMC, you have the option of seeing an icon with the number of the tuner that's scheduled to record each show. So a show I'm recording might have a 1, 2, or 3 icon on it, which is helpful since I know that one of my tuners doesn't get some channels as well as the other tuners do.

I can (and have) memorized which number stands for which tuner, but it would be nice if I could re-order them so that they match the tuner merit I have setup. I tried removing sources and re-adding them to see if the order they're added in made a difference, but it either doesn't make a difference, or it still somehow "remembered" what order they were initially installed in.

Anybody have any suggestions for me? I'm sure it's not the most urgent, popular request in the world...
Old 10-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

For the parallel view on "Scheduled Recordings", there is a plug-in available that allows you to rename your tuners to whatever you want.... you can't rearrange the order they are listed, but you can at least number (or name) them to help you determine which is which.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Sage Expert

Interesting. From the way you described it though, it sounds like it only affects the parallel scheduled recordings view? I'm primarily interesting in something that would affect the icons that are shown next to each recording in the upcoming recordings list - at least they show up in sagemc. Any idea if this would affect those? I'll look for it myself, but if you happen to know off hand...

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Sage Expert

you can do this in Sage properties file.

here is a thread I started last year and got the answer.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29384
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
you can do this in Sage properties file.

here is a thread I started last year and got the answer.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29384
Unless I'm reading that thread wrong, that's unfortunately not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to update the order of the tuners numbers so they match the encoder merit, which I've already got set properly. For instance, out of my 3 tuners, I've got an A180 as my first priority tuner in terms of merit. So Sage tries to use that tuner first, the way I want it to. But that tuner is listed third when I go into the source setup, and likewise it's labeled "3" in the icon next to the entry in the scheduled recordings list.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Sage User

Do you mind to explain how you assigned a merit to the tuners, please?

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Shut down Sage completely, if you're running it as service shut that down, too.

Open up sage.properties in a text editor. It's located in the SageTV/Common directory. Search for "merit". A few lines before that should be a line describing the tuner. If that's the tuner you want to assign the highest priority, change the number in the merit line to a higher number. The larger the number the higher the priority.

You can keep searching for "merit" and there will be a line with that for each tuner. For example I have 3 tuners, HDPVR and 2 HDHR tuners, and each tuner is described so I know which one it is that I'm setting the merit. I have the HDHRs set higher than the HDPVR.

HTH

Clients: HD200, HD300, Win7 Desktop

Capture Devices: Hauppauge Colossus & 1 HDHR, TV Service: Verizon FIOS