SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

System Crashing with latest JRE update

My system has been very solid for the past 3 months and I've been using SageTV server quite heavily without problems. Two days ago i upgraded JAVA to the latest release from Sun to possibly eliminate a perceived issue i noticed with the SageTV process consuming a large amount of Virtual space (>1GB) which as far as i can tell, only happened once. Prior to the upgrade, i was running the JAVA version which came with the latest release of SageTV server.

Now, i've been having random system crashes, and, for no real reason, sometimes SageTV service just stops. Last night i was watching a show and in the middle of the show, it stopped. I checked and SageTV service had stopped. I restarted it but then the TV screen went green and the two green lights on the HD1100 were on simultanelously, with no response for the remote so i rebooted the HD100 and then things were fine. But SagetV service still stops occasionally.

The only change i made to my system was to upgrade JAVA and then these problems started happening. There is nothing in the System Envent logs to indicate a failure. I will probably have to do a crash dump analysis but often it won't tell you much.

I will try to back out of the JAVA upgrade if I can and see if the problems persist. This is very frustrating.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Capture Devices: HDHomerunXTEND, HDHomerunPrime
Old 10-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

You may want to enable Sage logging and see if anything comes up, either after a crash or when you notice that the service has stopped. After enabling logging and you get a failure, you may also want to open a support ticket and send them the log file.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Sage User

JRE (Java) Update This Morning Hosed my PC

All,

I had a notification this morning (March 10, 2009) that there was a new version of Java to install. I did it and it has hosed my PC. I cannot tell you the version since the machine is hosed and wouldn't even let me perform a system restore. I had to get to work and will have to resume my troubleshooting tonight when I get home. Anyone with information please post here.

- Mark

* merged *
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 AM
SageTVaholic

You needed to stop the SageTV service or quit Sage completely before allowing this upodate to be performed. Stop SageTV service and uninstall java. Then go ahead and update to the latest version and reboot your server.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.