SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

System requirements for my config?

I currently have a sageTV system with 5 analog tuners, 2 PC clients and an extender. I'm looking to make the transition to digital, as I'm switching to all FIOS and can't get all the channels oiff clear QAM that I coudl off the analog cable ready signal.

So while I'm considering a media center / cable card solution, I'd much rather stick with Sagetv. So despite the fact that somehow MS and Cable Labs can keep me from building my own cable card compatible system, I need to figure out the best way to get all my FIOS channels onto my SageTV system, and then what kind of system I need to do it...

So A) I assume the Hauppauge HD-PVR + a FIOS STB is the only real option, but since the bottom end HD STB is an extra $10 a month, and I want to have at least 4 tuners, I want to make sure I check all my options.

and B) If I do get 4 hd capable tuners, and keep the 2 PC clients and the extender, what kind of system do I need for the sageTV system? The current system has been humming along for a couple of years now so I don't even know what I've got at this point.

Thanks for any input