SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-29-2008, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

I've written a new plugin that attempts to address this issue by automatically scanning the scheduled recordings and rescheduling favourites to record in HD where possible.

I'm making the initial build public in the hopes of getting more people to test it out. It's fairly basic right now, but it is working for me. I wrote a quick wiki doc explaining how to install it along with some details on what it's actually doing. See the links on the page referenced above for all the details. Be sure to read the user doc, especially the warnings section. Since this plugin messes around with your recording schedule, you may not want to install it. But if you want some automated way to have as many shows as possible recorded in HD then this plugin will help with that.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Received a reply from support today informing me that the next 6.5 beta build will include a change to the scheduler that will always favour HD airings over SD airings regardless of airing time. This change by SageTV quickly obsoletes the above mentioned plugin. The source code for the plugin remains in SVN for anyone who may want it (for older versions of SageTV - min 6.4 required), but I won't be doing anymore work on it.

Probably worth mentioning that the code in SVN seems to be doing a fairly good job at recording everything it can in HD for me so if you wanted an HD scheduler for 6.4 then the code that's there seems to work fine. However, I won't be making any "official" releases of the plugin so if you want it you'll have to build it yourself (or send me a PM and I can send you the build I'm currently running).