SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Harmony / USB-UIRT Questions

To begin, this is my setup..

Case: Zalman HD160
Mboard: ASUS Maximus
Proc: Q6600
Memory: 2G OCZ
Video Card: Radeon HD 3870
Sound Card: B-Enspire (/w SP-DIF I/O)
Tuner: HD PVR
Source: DirecTV H21-100
IR: USB-UIRT
Remote: Harmony 890 Advanced

Ok now my problems...

1) All my equipment is in the next room so I am using the extender option on the harmony remote. I choose the Standard SageTV setup option when programming the remote. I have the extender placed in front of the USB-UIRT and then the USB-UIRT pointing at the DirecTV reciever.

I am able to use my wireless keyboard to control the DirecTV reciever but the remote gets no response. Am I doing something wrong?

2) As I said above, I can control the DirecTV recievr with the keyboard. The issue I have is when I enter in most lower channels, it works flawlessly. But when I enter in higher numbered channels, it always shanges it to channel 45.

Um.... wth? lol.

3) HD-PVR is working great. Except one problem. If I have it hooked up using SP-DIF all I get for audio is loud static. I have it hooked up with RCA rear and it works fine. Do I have a bad box?

4) Last one is not really an issue, just a question. Is comercial skipping available with the HD PVR?

Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok so I got number 3 resolved with the new Beta Drivers.

Also I have rev C1. So Hauppauge is going to RMA it.

Guess I am going to have to wait on figuring out the remotes.

If anyone has any pointers on how to do it in the meantime please let me know. The wife is getting perturbed on not being able to watch the system I "HAD to HAVE" and francly iI am too hehe. HELP!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Maybe if you explain how the 890 RF works with the extender...not too many of us doing RF...

P
Old 09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oh no problem.

Basic Harmony remote, but it utilizes standard infrared (for devices in the room) and radio frequency (for devices outside the room).

Infra red is basic shoot out the front of the remote to the device being controlled (need line of sight)

Radio frequency uses a secondary device called an extender. The remote sends a signal to the extender and that has infrared cables (similar to the USB-UIRT) which then control the device.

How I have it set up now is..

Remote--->extender---->USB-UIRT----->Device

Hope that clarifies my prediciment.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Doing a lil more research (cause I am at work)

Do I need Girder for this whole shebang to work? Or is that something different?

And if so could you explain how the data trail moves from one device to the next so I can figure out my next step.

That would be sweet. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, so I got my remote to work with sage and sage is controlling my DirecTV reciever.

But the timing is off horribly. I have to click remote button a couple times for it to respond. But if I hold down lets say the down arrow in the EPG it scrolls (after a second or 2). Any tricks to tweak this?

I am still having the problem of not being able to change the channel over a certain number. Source is set to DirecTV.

And a new issue reared its ugly head. While trying to get the HD-PVR working and changing the bideo filters and such, now I can't play DVD's from the HD.

it feels like whenever I take a step forward, I take a couple back again. I know I sound like I am complaining, but I have been trying on my own since the beginning of July and just cant seem to make all the pieces fit just right.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Seems like this is a one man thread.

Ok, I fixed the delay in the remote. Turns out I needed to add multiple codes for each key.

Still can't change the channel higher than channel 94 though. And it seems one of the reasons is remote button "2" isnt getting all the way through. I see it in Sage but it doesnt get to the reciever.

As for the video. I will be trying graphedit and posting my results. If anyone has a similar hd setup please compare notes with me and make suggestions. Thanks.

Hopefully.... I wont be the next person who posts here...lol