SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

Help getting SageMC going please

I have a working 6.4 installation and tried to install SageMC over it. Everything seems fine -- when I change the setting to use the new system it seems to work fine. I see the new screen and then problems start. Some menu choices don't seem to be hooked up to anything or they're hooked up to the wrong thing. Then, they take me somewhere and I can't figure out how to get back (no 'main menu' choice, even on the My TV screen). Did I do something wrong? I stopped the service before installing and told it to overwrite all existing files. That should do it, right?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Right-click or choose your options button on the main screen. You probably need to load the sagemc_menu.xml if you were using dynamic menus in the default STV.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Sage Expert

I tried right-click, left click, escape, everything I could think of. The menus just aren't hooked up properly.

I thought the sagemc installation package completely replaced the default STV and overwrote all the necessary when it was extracted. I can't add xmls if I can't navigate the menus.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you messed up the install.

Start with reading this.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

If you still have issues after reading Brent's instructions, enable debug logging (instructions here) and post your log here.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Sage Expert

Yeah, I read it, and I'm pretty sure I got everything in the right place in the right order. It's like some files didn't overwrite the standard files or something. But I"m sure I said 'yes to all' when overwriting them during extraction.

I've been adding STVI's to the standard package for months now and understand the difference between that process and this complete replacement system. It just didn't work and messed up SageTV completely.

Is it really compatible with 6.4 which I recently upgraded to? I'm thinking that's the problem.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Sage Expert

Ok, wait a minute. Did Dynamic Menus create a menuing structure that SageMC isn't compatible with but didn't overwrite itself during installation? If that's so, it's a big flaw in the installation package. I can't install the SageMC menu (xml) if SageMC isn't working, can I? Is there an easy way out?
Old 09-26-2008, 11:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you install the full SageMC installation package and not just the update? It should be around 30MB or so.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Sage Expert

yes

29+ mb. what do you think about my theory that it's not designed to reset the dynamic menu structure to standard upon install?
Old 09-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Sage Expert

Ok, I fired up my old server running SageTV 6.3 and installed SageMC using the same procedure. It worked (mostly). But, when I went to My Menu, left arrow (SageMC requires arrow keys for navigation which I am not used to with the standard interface on a PC) doesn't go back to the Main menu. I finally tried Alt-Left-Arrow and that did it. I assume that can be changed but it's an error in the installation package seemingly leaving you in a dead end (as many choices did on the other server).

So, is it that particular installation (maybe using standard vs. Dynamic menus), or the SageTV version (6.3 vs. 6.4) that made it work? Or something else altogether?

As with the rest of my SageTV experience so far, SageMC seems like it should be fairly easy, seems very cool, and probably is when you finally get there, but the journey is really long and frustrating.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

That's a known issue and is fixed for the next release. (left-as-back in dynamic submenus)

Aloha,
Mike