SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Sage User

Is the SageTV Pkg Offer a good Deal?

Is this a good deal? and will the card work ok with my current capture card that is a "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II" ?

The Pkg I am asking about is:

SageTV Hybrid Media Center In-a-BoxTM
Code: STVHBR
Price: $149.95
This item is in stock and available for delivery.

It comes with a Hauppauge HVR-1600 Hybrid PCI Card with remote and an IR blaster to control an external cable or satellite receiver for recording.

If you have or know anything about this card Hauppauge HVR-1600 Hybrid PCI Card I would really like to know what you think about it and how it well it works.

I am currently using standard analog cable and look to add or upgrade to HD in the future.

Thank You
Paul
Old 09-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxford View Post
Is this a good deal? and will the card work ok with my current capture card that is a "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II" ?

If you have or know anything about this card Hauppauge HVR-1600 Hybrid PCI Card I would really like to know what you think about it and how it well it works.

I am currently using standard analog cable and look to add or upgrade to HD in the future.

So is no one using this card now Hauppauge HVR-1600?

Is it obsolete or ?

I know I have gotten very good performance out of my old "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II" and will learn from trial and error if it is compatible.

I have not used a Hybrid card like this before and was curious if any here had and what they thought of it?

Paul
Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I have a PVR-250 and a HVR-1600. (FYI, your card is probably a PVR-150 or PVR-250, which are very similar to each other). I actually have better luck with the HVR-1600 than the PVR-250. The PVR-250 has problems with the TV image has a lot of white in it. The HVR-1600 doesn't share that problem. At least, not to the same extent.

I also use the digital tuner on the HVR-1600 to receive QAM channels. It's a pain to set up, but once it's up it works well.

If you're looking for another card with an analog tuner, I'd definitely recommend the HVR-1600- particularly if you want to try out HD. If you're just trying to get clear QAM HD or OTA HD, you ought to consider the HDHomeRun.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

Nothing wrong with that combo but I will warn you on that IR setup, it'll work but you can only actually use 1. So if you think you may have 2 set top boxes (cable/sat boxes) in the future don't give it too many bonus points for the remote.

IMHO this is a better deal and start looking for a PVR500 before they are all gone.
http://store.sagetv.com/Merchant2/me...tegory_Code=SS

Get Eventghost and your firefly going and if you need IR add a USBUIRT.