SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage User

Duplicate recordings

I just noticed the same thing happening to me -- schedule is showing multiple matches for a favorite as queued for recording. For example, my schedule is showing the following:

3 airings of Show ID: SH010824880000
2 airings of Show ID: SH010237580000

Also, I just deleted the 2 copies of Show ID: SH8349130000. I have a single SD encoder. This had never happened before, and I hadn't made changes to Sage (been running 6.4.4 solid for weeks) before this happened this past week.

I just upgraded from 6.4.4 to 6.4.8 tonight to see if that would fix it, but it didn't.

Kevin
Old 09-06-2008, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

IDs that begin with SH are not unique to the specific episode; they're generic IDs that apply to the whole series. The nightly news and similar shows typically fall into this category. With that kind of ID (which comes from the EPG provider), Sage has no way to know whether an airing represents a new episode or a rerun. So it will record them all to be on the safe side.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Administrator

For more info about the ShowID situation that Greg mentioned see this FAQ:
Does SageTV know enough to record a show only once? I see that one of my favorites is scheduled to air 3 times this week -- How many of those will be recorded?

The info is in the "Recording Schedule" section of the PDF manual too.

This doesn't seem to be the same issue as the topic it was posted in, so I'm moving it to its own thread.

Oh -- and you can try setting the Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Detect repeat airings with non-unique IDs option to Yes, but that won't guarantee that SageTV will be able to tell the shows apart.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Sage User

Smile Fixed

See, that's why I love my SageTV -- always looking out for me. I turned on the "Detect Duplicate Airings" and forced an EPG update. The duplicates went away.

Thanks.