SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-06-2008, 06:57 PM

Here's a weird one.

Alright. I've spent the past week futzing around with (what somebody thought was) a broken computer. Luckily, I had some fairly decent parts lying around to make it a pretty cool machine.

I popped my ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9200 into the computer with the hopes of making it kind of a dvr.

Well, after about a day and a half of futzing, I'm a little frustrated.

I looked through the help, I played with the settings, I ground the wheat to make the flour, I baked the bread.

And I got almost all of it working.

I've got audio.

And I thought I had video.

I actually jumped when I saw in the configuration wizard hat a picture was there, playing some horrible looking movie.

And then I go to live TV, and I get the same capture error as before. (-4,0x8007001f)

So, in a nutshell, I've got audio, but no main video. However, the video will show on the preview screens in setup and channel config.

I also tested this thing with the (horrible) software it came with. It worked fine, although stuttering like an abused child because the software was so bad.

Any ideas at all?
Old 09-06-2008, 07:50 PM

In retrospect, here's some specs:

SageTV 6.0.13.1
Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon 3200+ 2ghz
1gb ram
ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9200
SoundBlaster Audigy E800

That should nip any of those "Is it plugged in?" questions in the bud.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:35 PM

Decided to get some screenshots for you kind folks. First, one of the error message:

Then, as I was trying to take a picture that shows I can get video in the channel setup, as I went into paint, the area where the still of the playing video was supposed to be turned out black. Maybe a tipoff for someone?

I can still get video in channel search and the config wizard, just to clarify.

This has got me stumped.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragamex View Post

SageTV 6.0.13.1
I don't know, except wondering if upgrading to 6.4 might help?
Old 09-06-2008, 11:05 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a problem with your capture card.

The all-in-wonder is a software encoder. I think anyone around here would probably recommend that you upgrade to a hardware encoding card. You may be able to get the all-in-wonder working, but I think you will have a much better experience if you upgrade. Hardware encoding/digital hybrids are really cheap these days.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragamex View Post

SageTV 6.0.13.1
Are you sure that's the version of SageTV you are using -- is that what is listed on the System Information screen? (Use the Info command while on the Main Menu.)

If so, I'm a little curious why you would start with a version that is a very old beta and is not even currently available for download. Where did you get that old version?

Edit: Maybe you got that version number from the file properties for sagetv.exe; use the System Information screen like I mentioned above, instead.

Quote:
ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 9200
I suggest using one of the hardware encoder tuners listed as one of the supported tuners; see the SageTV System Requirements.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM

alright, looks like i do have 6.4. silly me.

can anybody suggest a workaround?

i have zip for cash. great quality isn`t my main concern. just working until i actually have extra money.

my main motivation is to dvr Lost since they're replaying from scratch on scifi.

heh. i understnd i'm a little behind on it. :P
Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Sage Icon

Can't help your problem. But thanks for the downlow on Lost. I did not know they were replaying them. Now I've set it as a favorite!
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all