SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Sage Icon

Weird remote control behavior…

Weird remote control behavior… I did a recent re-format re-install of my HTPC. I installed V6.1.9, instead of the 6.0 version I was using. I’m also using SageMC as I was before. Prior to re-installing the remote control behavior was normal. Now after the re-formatting and re-installing my remote (Sony RM AV3000) has an odd behavior, or Sage does. What happens is that the Ok or enter button cannot be pressed simultaneously to execute commands, navigate through the menus. The only way to get it to work is to first move the focus off the menu label and then go back to that label and press enter. It’s ridiculously annoying. I have searched through every setting within Sage to correct it and to no avail. Has anyone experienced this and figured out how to correct it?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Weird remote control behavior… I did a recent re-format re-install of my HTPC. I installed V6.1.9, instead of the 6.0 version I was using. I’m also using SageMC as I was before. Prior to re-installing the remote control behavior was normal. Now after the re-formatting and re-installing my remote (Sony RM AV3000) has an odd behavior, or Sage does. What happens is that the Ok or enter button cannot be pressed simultaneously to execute commands, navigate through the menus. The only way to get it to work is to first move the focus off the menu label and then go back to that label and press enter. It’s ridiculously annoying. I have searched through every setting within Sage to correct it and to no avail. Has anyone experienced this and figured out how to correct it?
Sounds like your remote may have multiple codes for each button (or at least the enter button). Does it work if you press it multiple times? If that works, you will have to "learn" each one of individual codes.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Not the remote

I dumped v6.1 and went back to 6.0.19 and everything is back to normal, including the rampant CPU usage that crippled my system with 6.1.