SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

HDHR Mapping with Whole Numbers

I'd like to note first of all that I just recently bought an HDHR after dealing with a PVR-1600, and the set up of the HDHR is such a breath of fresh air (2 minute vs. 20-30 minute channel scan!!)

Once I finally figured out to use "Cable" instead of the old "Antenna" method of QAM, I easily had Sage picking up the HDHR channels that I had enabled from the HDHR's setup. However, most of my channels were not being automatically mapped to the nice logical numbers that I put in under the channel # column in the HDHR lineup setup. Instead, they were all mapped in sage as 1008 - <something> - <the number I actually want it to be>.

What made this interesting is that this only occurred for whole number channels. Any channel that I put in with a sub # (like 2.1 or 5.1) mapped with no problem. But if I put in 205 in the HDHR lineup setup, it would show up in sage as something like 1008-92-205.

Nothing I did seemed to make the mapping work, and I couldn't find anything about this in the instructions, but I did find an obscure thread over at the HDHR forums where someone figured out that 1008 is some kind of placeholder for whole number entries. This person also figured out that all you need to do in Sage is to select the 1008 entries and then do a "Reset to default logical channel" and they will automatically fall into their correct positions.

Sure enough, I tried it, and all my channels line up like they should after hours and hours of frustration. Is this normal behavior for trying to map QAM stations as whole numbers? If so, it might be worth mentioning it in the instructions, or better yet, stop Sage from remapping them to 1008 to begin with (I'm guessing it's remapping somehow because 'resetting to default' corrects the issue).
Edit/Delete Message
Old 08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Administrator

It sounds like you configured the HDHR source in SageTV in SageMC or some STV other than the default STV that comes with v6.4 -- always use SageTV3.xml for configuration purposes; never configure tuners using a different STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

It's possible I may have had SageMC loaded already, but I thought that if you went into detailed setup, SageMC wasn't being used at that point since it looks just like the default setup screen.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Administrator

No, it is using its own customized version of an old default STV. You must load the current default STV yourself for the time being.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.