SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Sage User

No video after 6.4 upgrade

I just upgraded from 6.x (6.2 I beleive it was) and now I can not get any video to work - even live TV. I have tried every option for the fileds in the Audio/Video menu. Leaving them where they were (Default - before upgrade) gives me sound but no video. All other video options gives me a "PlaybackException error...cannot reneder video content for playback (-4,0x80040217)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-21-2008, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahcsm View Post
I just upgraded from 6.x (6.2 I beleive it was) and now I can not get any video to work - even live TV. I have tried every option for the fileds in the Audio/Video menu. Leaving them where they were (Default - before upgrade) gives me sound but no video. All other video options gives me a "PlaybackException error...cannot reneder video content for playback (-4,0x80040217)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
If you run SageTV as a service you need to re-enter the credentials for the user and password you use to run the service. Thank Microsoft.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
If you run SageTV as a service you need to re-enter the credentials for the user and password you use to run the service. Thank Microsoft.

Gerry
Thanks Gerry - I do not run it as a service and I can not even get video on the server - not even testing all of the video sources through adding a new source
Old 08-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Sage Icon

Same problem here as well. No audio, sound and the timeline is frozen. LiveTV or Imported video
Old 08-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Sage User

I think i got it - i just had to play with the settings a little longer. I finally settled on leaving the Video Renderer as "Default" and changed the InterVideo Non CSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge. This works for Live TV, but I expect to run into some problems with my ripped DVDs - but at least i know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.