SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Sage User

How to Keep Program Guide in Sync with Channel Setup of Source

In my channel setup for my source (Hauppauge HD-PVR), I can see all of the channels in my EPG lineup, including those where I've changed the logical channels, but can't see them all when I go into the Program Guide.

I've been struggling with this for some time and have followed some of the suggestions in the FAQs and in this forum but can't seem to fix it.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Please see the note starting at the bottom of page for the Program Guide in chapter 3 in the SageTV PDF manual, which is in your install folder, or avaialable via the Help menu in SageTV or the SageTV folder in Windows' Start -> All Programs.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, that should cover it. Either that or the channels aren't enabled in Channel Setup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Sage User

I read the section of the documentation that you pointed out and it doesn't deal with my issue as described. I probably should convey myself a little better. I've included screenshots along the way.

I've only configured a single source.

In the Channel Setup, you'll see that the 500 series channels (HD channels) are all there for my single source. I also had to change the physical channel numbers to the logical channel numbers to get some of these channels to show up.

These channels also exist in other areas of the program guide. For example, channel 503 (TSN HD) also has a physical channel of 408 in the Channel Setup and Program Guide.

My cable provider, Rogers Cable, groups all of the HD channels in the 500 series and that's how I refer to the channels. I know nothing about the physical 408 channel for TSN HD. I know it as 503.

In the Program Guide below, you'll see that some of the 500 series channels are missing but do show in my channel lineup that I showed above previously.

The root question is, how do I get the Program Guide to show these 500 series channels as I have them in the Channel Line-up for my single source?

Thanks for any help that can be provided?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Administrator

I don't think you understood the documentation I pointed you to -- you've got the same channel on multiple logical numbers, regardless of the fact that it is all on a single source. The channels are all still available, but they are each listed under a single logical number in the guide.

Since they are all on a single source, get rid of the channel numbers you don't want to use & keep the ones you do.

And, the first number is the logical number; when the physical number is not the same as the logical number, it is shown in [brackets].

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I don't think you understood the documentation I pointed you to -- you've got the same channel on multiple logical numbers, regardless of the fact that it is all on a single source. The channels are all still available, but they are each listed under a single logical number in the guide.

Since they are all on a single source, get rid of the channel numbers you don't want to use & keep the ones you do.

And, the first number is the logical number; when the physical number is not the same as the logical number, it is shown in [brackets].

- Andy
Andy, you are correct. I had a brain fart and didn't understand the documentation.

I just tried as you've suggested and it worked. This is great news. Considering the time you've saved me, I owe you a beer if you ever come into the Toronto area.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

- Richard