SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

HDHR remapping in its own again

I had a power outage at home.. after power returned and I started the Server all my HDHR channels are NOT correct. I went through and checked them on the server and they are fine.

I move to my HD100 and they are remapped again. I go into channel setup at they appear correct again ( even the preview)

go back to regular TV and they switch again.. What can i do to fix this?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
I had a power outage at home.. after power returned and I started the Server all my HDHR channels are NOT correct. I went through and checked them on the server and they are fine.

I move to my HD100 and they are remapped again. I go into channel setup at they appear correct again ( even the preview)

go back to regular TV and they switch again.. What can i do to fix this?
Jeff,

Is this affecting Favorite Recordings or LiveTV?

EDITED after ANDY's correct comment several posts below:
There might be an issue with the version of the STV you're using. The new HDHR Setup process requires you use the UPDATE process to download and use the most RECENT ORIGINAL STV when setting up the HDHR for use with SageTV. SageMC users would need to specifically reload the ORIGINAL STV in order for this to work correctly. The copy currently included with SageMC is an older version and doesn't include the updates.

Could you give some channel examples of what you see on the SageTV box (server) and what you see on the Extender? How is it affecting your ability to view channels.

Last edited by Conejo; 07-29-2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: deleted incorrect statement
Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conejo View Post
Jeff,

Is this affecting Favorite Recordings or LiveTV?

The STVs versions between the SageTV Server and what you run on the Extender are probably different and ANDY has said not to use an Extender or Client to setup channels due to this difference.

Could you give some channel examples of what you see on the SageTV box (server) and what you see on the Extender? How is it affecting your ability to view channels.
Live TV.. did some more looking

working off server, all channels int he Channel Setup window are good. when I exit and go to the guide ( on server) and select a channel from HDHR it shows wrong

example, I select CBS, I get ABC, select ABC, I GET NBC..

so I then noticed it on BOTH the extender and the Server. I ended up removing one tuner at a time ( and selecting again) and that seemed to fix it

Now, question I have on EPG for the analog tuners and one EPG for the HDHR, if I remove both HDHR do I loose the guide for them too?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I've experienced this when an active channel is off the air, the selected channel gets deflected to a neighboring channel. I haven't seen a whole row offset.

Quote:
Now, question I have on EPG for the analog tuners and one EPG for the HDHR, if I remove both HDHR do I loose the guide for them too?
The Tuner EPG Lineup is created when you add a tuner and select: None, OTA, Cable, Satellite, etc and is stored in the Sage.properties file. When you remove or add a tuner and select a lineup the process will reuse info already stored in the Sage.properties files.

SageTV tries to do cleanup on a restart. So if you removed all tuners using a specific lineup/remap data and closed and restarted the SageTV application/service then that data will most likely be removed.

If you're running the 6.4.5 beta then the setup process for HDHR tuners isn't as painful as it once was. If you did your setup in the HDHR Setup application it will be picked up in the SageTV Tuner setup process after doing a SCAN for each tuner.

The EPG data for the GUIDE should be available when you start SageTV.

Last edited by Conejo; 07-29-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The STVs versions between the SageTV Server and what you run on the Extender are probably different and ANDY has said not to use an Extender or Client to setup channels due to this difference.
I don't think that's what I said... as long as you are using the latest default STV for the version of SageTV you are using, you should be able to configure sources from any type of client. I configured my HD-PVRs from my HD100, for example.

Quote:
working off server, all channels int he Channel Setup window are good. when I exit and go to the guide ( on server) and select a channel from HDHR it shows wrong

If this keeps happening, I would submit a bug report so SageTV can check it out.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will do on the bug report.. this is the first time I had to remove tuners and select again, I am wondering if it was just the way the power went out
Old 08-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Doing it again

but the Server and HD100 client..

I cannot get it to correct this time.. if I look at the HDHR raw it shwo the right show.. Sage does not.. rebotted PC twice

using V6.3.10 but have SageMC installed as well
Old 08-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Sage Expert

Jeff,

I'm having difficulty understanding your posts.
Did you submit a Request Support on this issue? If so, unless someone else objects, I would suggest you continue working with the Sage people direct on this issue.

If they cannot find a cause, or provide a fix for the issue, then post back here. I just want to make sure you follow the Sage Support process before embarking on some evil FULL BETA plan I might suggest.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Jeff,

I'm having difficulty understanding your posts.
Did you submit a Request Support on this issue? If so, unless someone else objects, I would suggest you continue working with the Sage people direct on this issue.

If they cannot find a cause, or provide a fix for the issue, then post back here. I just want to make sure you follow the Sage Support process before embarking on some evil FULL BETA plan I might suggest.
Sorry. I think I have it figured out. the way I have the Physical Channels mapped within sage is causing the issue. I am using a Cable feed and the original HDHR instructions called for just the first part of the channel number (example just the XX of XX-YY-Z)

I just when through, upgraded to beta 6.4.8 on my server and the latest Beta on the HD100, Plus the latest software (released) for the HDHR..

Now in my guide I have all the physical channels as XX-YY-Z. that seems to have fixed the issue. I think most of it was USER ERROR, I will try this for a while but I think I have it fixed now. I did not submit a trouble ticket since now I think I have it set right. I have the TUENR set as Antenna and I am using the local Cable Info for my XML. I think I am good now..

Thanks for the help though
Old 08-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I am using a Cable feed
upgraded to beta 6.4.8 on my server and the latest Beta on the HD100, Plus the latest software (released) for the HDHR..
I have the TUENR set as Antenna
That last line could explain your issues. If you are using QAM, you should not be choosing Antenna; it is possible that SageTV is using some old left-over scan files from a previous HDHR setup instead of your actual latest scan from the HDHR program.

The HDHR setup instructions have changed for v6.4 -- see this topic and follow the instructions exactly as I wrote them in the first post.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
That last line could explain your issues. If you are using QAM, you should not be choosing Antenna; it is possible that SageTV is using some old left-over scan files from a previous HDHR setup instead of your actual latest scan from the HDHR program.

The HDHR setup instructions have changed for v6.4 -- see this topic and follow the instructions exactly as I wrote them in the first post.

- Andy

Thanks Andy,

I just changed that.. I did do a Scan with in in Cable mode on Sage, and will go through it again to be sure, so I think I am all good now..

Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to update..

I followed Andy's suggested steps in the link he posted. It seems like all is good now, channels are correct and HD is HD etc.

Thanks for all the help