SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Episode data - recording error; need suggestions

Hey guys -

I've got a strange problem with my favorite for NFL Total Access (NFL Network on DirecTV). I set it up to keep a max of 3 shows. What happens is that it records 3 episodes one day and then nothing more. I think what is happening is that the episode data from the EPG is marking each as a unique episode; so once it records the first 3 from the same day, nothing more will record. What I really want it to do is always record, but only keep the last 3 recorded. Can anyone think of a way to do this?

Thanks!

-Justin
Old 07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Did you mean that the show IDs are unique or non-unique?

On the Favorite Details menu for that Fav, make sure AutoDelete is set to Yes, then it shuld dleete the old ones to make room for new ones.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think each is unique. Every single airing (several per day) shows up as a first run. How do you see the episode ID? I go to airing detail and only see a show ID (all of which are identical).
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Administrator

The ShowID field on the detailed info screen for an airing/recording is the value I'm talking about -- if that starts with SH and is the same for all episodes, then SageTV can't really tell the difference between the episodes.

But, I thought it would continue recording them if the Fav option that I mentioned above was set to allow SageTV to auto-delete them. Did you check that setting? And, to make sure you are checking the correct Fav, select the recording, choose Record Options, then select Adjust Favorite Options.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

AutoDelete is set to "Yes". The show ID that I'm seeing for them is "EP6698380412".
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Administrator

If they all have the same EP show ID, then they will appear to be the same exact episode to SageTV & it won't keep recording them if they are alrady recorded. I'm not even sure why you are getting 3 of them recorded, unless you have different Favorites set to different channels... or unless I'm misunderstanding you and the 3 recorded ones all have different IDs.

Is your EPG data coming from SageTV's built-in data from Zap2it? If so & they are actually different episodes with the same ID, then you should see this FAQ about reporting it to SageTV so they can report it to Zap2it.

- Andy
Old 07-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't know; it's definitely strange. I deleted the 3 recordings I had earlier today; now it recorded one today and is scheduled to record another on Friday (different show ID), then that's it -- all other airings have the exact same show ID (same as today's) yet are marked in the guide as being first runs. Anyway, I'll report it to sage.

Oh yeah, I'm using the built in zap2it EPG.

Thanks a ton for the help Andy!

-Justin
Old 07-30-2008, 01:58 AM
SageTVaholic

I think i have NFLTA set to record in a specific time-block as well in the favorite, that way it only gets one a day. I then also have it set to auto-delete, first-runs and reruns, and keep at most 3. It seems to work (at least most the time).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room