SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Sage User

Beta 2.0.12 fix list...

The list of fixes for 2.0.12 doesn't mention anything about the PVR350. Are there any fixes at all for the stability problems because the betas so far have been 100% unusable for me.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

what kind of chipset does your motherboard have? Some have had problems with certain types b/c the hauppauge doesn't like them. I use a NForce2 and a 350 w/ no problems.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by Crashless
what kind of chipset does your motherboard have? Some have had problems with certain types b/c the hauppauge doesn't like them. I use a NForce2 and a 350 w/ no problems.
Its an intel 865PE (MSI min-atx board, 3ghz cpu).

It's quite frustrating because the hauppauge wintv2000 app outputs to the television ok.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I'm running the new 2.0.12 beta, and the 350 is running rock solid. Granted I have been running it for only twenty minutes at this point. I knew how to make it lock up on the older betas, and it will not lock up in those situations now.

mikejaner
Old 02-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by mikejaner
I'm running the new 2.0.12 beta, and the 350 is running rock solid. Granted I have been running it for only twenty minutes at this point. I knew how to make it lock up on the older betas, and it will not lock up in those situations now.

mikejaner
This is good news!

Are you using the OSD on your tele also?
Old 02-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Sage User

PVR 350 works fine

I'm using a PVR 350 on an Asus A7N8X with great success. I do, however, not use the S-Video out as I run VGA to Component to my HDTV.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Sage Icon

Are you using the OSD on your tele also?

Yes, and it's working very well now.

mikejaner
Old 02-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Sage User

You mean you're actually using the PVR-350s video output on your TV AND, keyword here...

...AND using the onscreen User Interface ON YOUR TV??? So you could turn off your computer's monitor and see the EPG and watch a show and see the actual UI working for more than 10 seconds?

I just want to be clear here. I can use the onscreen UI on my TV without any trouble until I actually start to watch a program. I don't have to touch anything, but it will always lock up within a few (10 or 20) seconds of playing the video.

If I do NOT use the onscreen display and just keep my computer's monitor next to the TV, I can watch shows all day long through my PVR-350's TV output (hardware decoder) without any stability problems. It's great, but once the UI is turned on AND I watch a show, it's all over.

If this is true, I would love to hear from others who can get it to work as well. Maybe there's something you all (or both) have in common.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

On my system, I use a PVR-350 for watching programming and I use the OSD without any problems. My system is an 1 GHz EPIA-M system (VIA C3 processor) with 256 MB of RAM and WindowsXP Home running the SageTV Client. I am also running the latest drivers from Hauppauge. If you want, I can post my .properties file and you can look to see how they differ.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

I have had no problems what so ever doing what you're describing. I even have h/w only turned on, which used to really hurt stability. So to be clear, I'm using W2K, amd 2600+, a7n8x-e deluxe, 512mb ram, pvr350, tv out on, UI on, h/w only on. No server runing, one tuner. (edit: the monitor stays off, I don't need it unless I'm playing MP3s b/c of known bug/h/w limitation with GUI.)

Especially since 2.0.12, things have been perfect.

If I were you, I'd attempt a clean of your hauppauge drivers, re-install the newest, then re-run sage setup.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally posted by fidget
On my system, I use a PVR-350 for watching programming and I use the OSD without any problems. My system is an 1 GHz EPIA-M system (VIA C3 processor) with 256 MB of RAM and WindowsXP Home running the SageTV Client. I am also running the latest drivers from Hauppauge. If you want, I can post my .properties file and you can look to see how they differ.
I would really appreciate it if you would. I'm having a heck of a time getting my 350 to play nicely with SAGE 2.0.12

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 02-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by Crashless
I have had no problems what so ever doing what you're describing. I even have h/w only turned on, which used to really hurt stability. So to be clear, I'm using W2K, amd 2600+, a7n8x-e deluxe, 512mb ram, pvr350, tv out on, UI on, h/w only on. No server runing, one tuner. (edit: the monitor stays off, I don't need it unless I'm playing MP3s b/c of known bug/h/w limitation with GUI.)

Especially since 2.0.12, things have been perfect.

If I were you, I'd attempt a clean of your hauppauge drivers, re-install the newest, then re-run sage setup.
I actually went to the extent of putting an entire new OS, only the 1.8 drivers from SHS's website, and still have problems with the 350 when playing video to the video out. Now, the OSD works just fine, but video locks it up.

- Walt Disney
Old 02-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by krutaw
I would really appreciate it if you would. I'm having a heck of a time getting my 350 to play nicely with SAGE 2.0.12
Here is my .properties file. I had to add a .txt extension in order to attach it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sageclient.properties.txt (10.2 KB, 198 views)
Old 02-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Sage User

Just to let you know, I'm having the very same problem. If I do not use the OSD on the 350 out, I don't have any problems. Most of the time the video just freezes, although responsive. A few times the 350 out turned florescent green.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Sage User

I am also having the same trouble. Everything works great until I try to use the OSD through the 350. It seemed like it worked for a few seconds more with this version of the beta but video still freezes after a little bit (first on the tv, then on the monitor). At that point Sage locks up hard taking Windows 2000 with it. This is true for me on every version of the beta so far. I really hope this is fixed by the next beta.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Sage Icon

You mean you're actually using the PVR-350s video output on your TV AND, keyword here...

...AND using the onscreen User Interface ON YOUR TV??? So you could turn off your computer's monitor and see the EPG and watch a show and see the actual UI working for more than 10 seconds?

I just want to be clear here. I can use the onscreen UI on my TV without any trouble until I actually start to watch a program. I don't have to touch anything, but it will always lock up within a few (10 or 20) seconds of playing the video.

If I do NOT use the onscreen display and just keep my computer's monitor next to the TV, I can watch shows all day long through my PVR-350's TV output (hardware decoder) without any stability problems. It's great, but once the UI is turned on AND I watch a show, it's all over.

If this is true, I would love to hear from others who can get it to work as well. Maybe there's something you all (or both) have in common.

Yes, I have EVERYTHING working, meaning I have no monitor in site. The only cables in the back of my computer are, PVR -350(S-Video), Network, power, MCE cable, and Audio(loopthrough, and to the TV). I even have a 250 in the system, and dual tuning working flawessly. Getting there (Dual Tuner Setup) was the hard part.
The first thing to improve my setup was a complete fresh install of XP. then use the driver cd off of SHS's website for the 1.8 drivers.

mikejaner
Old 02-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Sage User

Mike, good for you! Could you please detail your old setup that was giving you 350 UI problems, as well as rock solid new setup? There might be valuable clues for our problems. Thks.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Sage Icon

K, I can't go into detail about the dual tuner setup, because, I for the life of me can't figure out what combination of driver reinstalls/hardware removal/HCWClear I did to make it work.

Old setup was primarily haveing issues because of the old versions of the Hauppauge drivers and software, now that I look back at it.
That being said. Basically, I took a new motherboard and cpu, which I ordered for the purpose of building this system, and I did a fresh install of XP. I then installed SP1 and the latest updates, etc.... I then proceded to install the proper driver for the Hauppauge 350, because it was detected during XP install as a Multimedia Controller. I used the version 1.7 driver cd which came with my 350 as the first driver update. After this I rebooted and installed the 1.08.22019 driver off of www.shspvr.com . I then downloaded the latest WinTV update and IR update from that site also. Then I installed Sage 2.0.12. After that, I enabled the two settings for the 350 and disabled local playback in the Multimedia Settings of the Detailed Setup section.

hope this helps

mikejaner
Old 02-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by fafurd
Just to let you know, I'm having the very same problem. If I do not use the OSD on the 350 out, I don't have any problems. Most of the time the video just freezes, although responsive. A few times the 350 out turned florescent green.
EXACTLY!! Ditto.

- Walt Disney
Old 02-08-2004, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by mikejaner
After this I rebooted and installed the 1.08.22019 driver off of www.shspvr.com .
Dang! Tunrs out that the oldest version of the 1.08.22xxx drivers are 1.08.22020. I'm gonna go with that release to try and keep as close with your configuraiton as possible (since it's working.) hehe

- Walt Disney