SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 AM
Sage User

Video Stops at the end of a show

I am a new SageTV user (coming from BTV). I am running into an issue were I think something is not working correctly.

I originally posted a message in another thread. Rather than hijack that one I'll start another one.

Setup SageTV with the SageMC plugin.

I select a show from the guide and "watch" it.
At the end of the show the video stops on the last frame and does not continue onto the next show.

The OSD, program info, etc all reference the next show. There is even a recording file for the next show. However all I see is the last frame of first show.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this. I haven't learned all the moving parts yet and don't know where to start the investigation (i.e. log files, configuration settings, etc).

I am going to run a test from "live TV" to see if I get the same issue. I'll post back the results of that.

This issue is hurting the WAF at the moment.

Thanks,

smak
Old 07-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Sage Expert

I had this problem but under very specific circumstances, I'll describe them and see if they match.

We would be watching show1 and immediately following it was show2. show2 was a favourite and got auto-recorded. When show1 ended however, instead of flowing into show2 we had the stop dialog.

Turns out I was padding show2 to start recording 1min earlier and I can only imagine that Sage was using a different tuner for it than show1, hence show1 would end and we'd see the stop dialog. I removed the padding on show2 and its fine now

Maybe that will help ?
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Sage User

I tried things out with live tv and encountered the same problem.

I switched back to the default theme and encountered to the same problem.

Next steps are to look and see if I can find some logs that show any errors.

-smak