SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

When did they release a Wish for Wings that Work on DVD? been looking for that one... (was planning on hooking up the VHS to record it to harddrive)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-16-2009, 11:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up TV Movies

Hi Sean, I haven't been active on this forum in a while. Just curious if youre close to releasing the fix for TV movies. I'm particularly interested since then I mostly record HD movies on HBO, SHO, MAX, etc. Thanks so much for making this irreplaceable plugin!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
When did they release a Wish for Wings that Work on DVD? been looking for that one...
I'm not really sure--I picked it up this summer in a bargain bin at my local grocery store of all places and couldn't pass it up. It's time my 11 year old daughter learned about Opus and Bill the Cat.

I just looked it up on Amazon and it was release two years ago.

Rich
Old 10-17-2009, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteele View Post
I'm not really sure--I picked it up this summer in a bargain bin at my local grocery store of all places and couldn't pass it up. It's time my 11 year old daughter learned about Opus and Bill the Cat.

I just looked it up on Amazon and it was release two years ago.

Rich

yeah, i just looked and saw the same thing... a shame.. i bought the VHS version on ebay about 2 1/2 years ago because i HAD to have it, and it's the only way i could find it...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-17-2009, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Sean, I haven't been active on this forum in a while. Just curious if youre close to releasing the fix for TV movies. I'm particularly interested since then I mostly record HD movies on HBO, SHO, MAX, etc. Thanks so much for making this irreplaceable plugin!
Unfortunately, I haven't been that active either. I have lots of stuff going on at the moment (mostly non sage related) and bmt has the lowest priority. I can't even give an estimate as to when/if the next release of bmt will happen.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Thats definitely understandable. I know that hobbies can go through their phases. Afterall, you dont want to get burned out or sick of your own creation. Anyway, I'm sure it goes without saying that the fix for TV Movies is not trivial or you would have done it already.

BTW, I was day dreaming the other day wondering what it would be like for BMT to not only support TV movies; but Music/Music Videos as well. Man that would just be ridiculously cool.

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't been that active either. I have lots of stuff going on at the moment (mostly non sage related) and bmt has the lowest priority. I can't even give an estimate as to when/if the next release of bmt will happen.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi!

Is there a way to make the Metadata tool NOT to scale images?

I have backed my DVD collection to my file server, and I have everything nicely catalogued in DVDProfiler with high quality cover images. I'd like to have the Metadata just find the appropriate image from the DVDProfiler folder and just copy it to the server as it is, without any resizing.

The closest thing I've found so far is to run the tool with:
java -jar metadatatool.jar --setProperty=bmt/metadata/posterImageWidth:-1 [...]
This kind of preserves the image width, but the image still gets recompressed: the original jpg is about 200KB and new movie.jpg is about 35KB.

So is there a way to disable any recompression?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Strange problem

I have three show that when I update switch the other two show. I have Law & Order, Monk and Phineas and Ferb . When I correct Phineas and Ferb then Monk and Law & Order show Phineas and Ferb as the background If then update Monk or Law & Order then there background shows up in the other two shows. I have Automatic update off and have deleted all the properties files and rescanned same problem. Is there some where else I should be deleting files? Also when I use BMT it adds " " to the recorded movie titles, is there away to remove the quotes or have them stop?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

I've noticed that the latest Phoenix APIs appear to be the 1.44 JAR (228KB 9/13/2009) found here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...7&d=1253788715

The latest 3.1 BMT found here seems to contain an older 1.43 JAR (199KB 9/8/2009):

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41502

Which Phoenix APIs should be installed everywhere (server and all clients)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sflamm; 10-19-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

I have updated my BMT Installation 'Help' file (attached).

Please let me know if there are changes/fixes necessary.

** Removed attachment. Installation instruction now at top of 1st page under "sflamm's install guide" **

Last edited by sflamm; 10-21-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Removed attachment. Installation instruction now at top of 1st page
Old 10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Which Phoenix APIs should be installed everywhere (server and all clients)?
1.44 or later (1.44 fixed the file system view in SageMC when combined with BMT 3.1)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-19-2009, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Ahh! That explains it. I was wondering why I was still having the file system view issue and this reminded me that I forgot to install 1.44 on my client PC. Thanks!
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

A couple questions:

1. If you have a recording such as "BarneyFriends-1206226-0.mpg", and you ask BMT to import it as a TV recording, is there some way to get BMT to lookup the episode title/description?

I have the following set:
Code:
custom_metadata_properties=MediaProviderDataID;MediaTitle;MediaType;OriginalAirDate;EpisodeTitle;EpisodeNumber;SeasonNumber;DiscNumber;UserRating
2. Is it possible to show the Banner, but not the Background?

Last edited by sflamm; 10-19-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
A couple questions:

1. If you have a recording such as "BarneyFriends-1206226-0.mpg", and you ask BMT to import it as a TV recording, is there some way to get BMT to lookup the episode title/description?
my understating is maybe. BMT needs some means of identifying the particular episode. That means that one of the two things below needs to be true:
  • The episode/season number (or episode name?) must be in the file name.
  • The file exists in your wiz.bin and has an associated episode title. In this scenario, BMT associates the filename ID (1206226 in your example) with the particular episode in your wiz.bin and then uses that to look up the rest of the metadata; obviously if that particular airing doesn't exist in your wiz.bin then it won't no what to look up.
Quote:
2. Is it possible to show the Banner, but not the Background?
IIRC in SageMC setup -> ... -> Fanart Options i believe you can disable backgrounds and enable banners.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The file exists in your wiz.bin and has an associated episode title. In this scenario, BMT associates the filename ID (1206226 in your example) with the particular episode in your wiz.bin and then uses that to look up the rest of the metadata; obviously if that particular airing doesn't exist in your wiz.bin then it won't no what to look up.
That's exactly what is going on in this case. I'm am experimenting on a side server before I update my production server. I took a recording out of my recording directory that does not exist in my wiz.bin.

Quote:
IIRC in SageMC setup -> ... -> Fanart Options i believe you can disable backgrounds and enable banners.
I the only options I see for Background are: "Cycle Fan Art Backgrounds", "Fan Art Background Display Time", Background Transition Animation", and "Background Transitions Size"

I don't see an option to disable backgrounds...

Am I missing something?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I the only options I see for Background are: "Cycle Fan Art Backgrounds", "Fan Art Background Display Time", Background Transition Animation", and "Background Transitions Size"

I don't see an option to disable backgrounds...

Am I missing something?
ahhh so you are correct... i must have been remembering "Context Sensitive Fan Art" So yes if on the program info screen then there is no OOTB way to disable it... if you're not scared of studio I know Mike displays the fanart all in one central place so it should be relatively easy to disable it.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've noticed that the latest Phoenix APIs appear to be the 1.44 JAR (228KB 9/13/2009) found here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...7&d=1253788715

I guess I am missing something? you point to the latest Phoenix 1.44 but that is the sageMC.xml file???

I am trying to get BMT up and running, but no luck. I am hoping it's the API's. I get the jetty webpage but get errors that metadata, Phoenix and Sage can not get status?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Skybolt

Last edited by Skybolt; 10-19-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
I guess I am missing something? you point to the latest Phoenix 1.44 but that is the sageMC.xml file???
this post has the latest files you want http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=14
Quote:
I get the jetty webpage but get errors that metadata, Phoenix and Sage can not get status?
try this context.xml file that stuckless posted recently. I was getting Failed to get status errors until i upgraded to that context.xml file. It enables authentication so you will need to make sure user/pw are set up in jetty.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1868
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-19-2009, 06:37 PM
SageTVaholic

I've linked to sflamm's install guide form the first post. It's very well done. Thanks sflamm.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
A couple questions:

You could try renaming the file to BarneyFriend-EpisodeTitle-#####-0.mpg, or rename using the season and episode info. Other than that, i'm not sure you'll be able to do a match.