SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think that this issue can be resolved by updating to the very latest SageMC. The way in which bmt writes the metadata caused an issue in the SageMC folder display. Mike has provided a fix for this (you can search back a few posts for more information). You didn't specifically mention SageMC, so I am just assuming that you are using it, because of the issue that is described.
Interesting, I checked the info page on my SageTV server and it matched what is on the download page (6.3.9a I think). I see now that there is a pre-release version out there past this one. Possibly Mike can confirm that this 6.3.9b version has the fix. In any case, this is not a big enough problem now to beta test at this point - I am playing wack-a-mole with too many other problems that don't involve Sage or computers.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Sage Icon

6.3.9b_12

Found here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=10
Old 09-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis View Post
..... Possibly Mike can confirm that this 6.3.9b version has the fix. In any case, this is not a big enough problem now to beta test at this point - I am playing wack-a-mole with too many other problems that don't involve Sage or computers.
The second problem is in SageMC and Mike has been trying to resolve it. I haven't tried the fix yet to see if it is working. It seemed for awhile that every fix he applied uncovered another problem. I think the MLBDude to ????? to Flacbar to MeinMaui evolution of SageMC development is starting to show inherent problems!! It is amazing--and evidence of the amazing skill and committment these guys have given the SageMC theme--that problems like this don't show up more often!!

SCM
Old 09-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

I can second that, but you know me personally – I have not had the chance to mess with add-ons lately and this is a very,very nice one but I rarely will install unreleased software for cosmetic changes (These guys are good but there is a reason they have marked the update as “unreleased”)

Now for additional functionality (read – the new Playon/UPNP plugin that evilpenguin has developed and I just today read about), I will introduce the possibility of system instability. I can see a busy night tonight – between finishing setting up Fanart and assuming I have a computer with enough backside to run Playon.

Last edited by ldavis; 09-29-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just moved to a new server a few days ago. I need to set up SageTV on the server as well as BMI, change all my links to the new server, etc... My question, when I set up BMI on the new server will it automatically update the metadata (.properties file) to point to the new server location?

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

I noticed yesterday that if BMI encounters a link within the description that it stops getting the description. You end up with a partial description. An example of this is the movie Aliens. The description of the movie is:
Quote:
The planet from Alien (1979) has been colonized, but contact is lost. This time, the rescue team has impressive firepower, enough?
But "Alien" is a link to that movie so the description ends up being:
Quote:
The planet from
Just thought I'd point this out. Thought it was an odd little bug that it couldn't separate the text from the link.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
I just moved to a new server a few days ago. I need to set up SageTV on the server as well as BMI, change all my links to the new server, etc... My question, when I set up BMI on the new server will it automatically update the metadata (.properties file) to point to the new server location?
I don't think that bmt stores any information about the server in the metadata .properties, so you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I noticed yesterday that if BMI encounters a link within the description that it stops getting the description. You end up with a partial description. An example of this is the movie Aliens. The description of the movie is: But "Alien" is a link to that movie so the description ends up being:

Just thought I'd point this out. Thought it was an odd little bug that it couldn't separate the text from the link.
The problem with fuzzy logic html scanners.... is that they are not always precise. This is a bug, so I'll add an issue. Once I find the description tag, I stop reading text when I encounter another tag.... I have no idea if this is a quick fix or not, and as it is with these types of scanners, it'll probably introduce other side effects
Old 09-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Viewing movies that have metadetails

Hi all,

I thought I remember seeing an option that would show me all of my movies, both those that have metadetails/fanart/descriptions etc and those that do not. For whatever reason when I do a media scan its only showing me the ones that don't have the metadetails. Which is fine when you're trying to cleanup/organize/fill out your collection, but I'd like to be able to edit existing ones as well.

Thanks ahead of time,
Belg
Old 09-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I don't think that bmt stores any information about the server in the metadata .properties, so you should be fine.
This is a line from one of my .properties files where it is referencing my old server (HPSERVER)

Code:
#Generator: Batch Metadata Tools (3.0-beta-9); MediaFile: file:////HPSERVER/Videos/TV%20Shows/CHAPPELLE'S%20SHOW/SEASON%201/Chappelle's%20Show%20-%20S01E01%20-%20Black%20White%20Supremacist.mkv

Old 09-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrath View Post
Hi all,

I thought I remember seeing an option that would show me all of my movies, both those that have metadetails/fanart/descriptions etc and those that do not. For whatever reason when I do a media scan its only showing me the ones that don't have the metadetails. Which is fine when you're trying to cleanup/organize/fill out your collection, but I'd like to be able to edit existing ones as well.

Thanks ahead of time,
Belg
You want "Browse" to the Right of Scan in the upper right corner of the bmt UI
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
#Generator: Batch Metadata Tools (3.0-beta-9); MediaFile: file:////HPSERVER/Videos/TV%20Shows/CHAPPELLE'S%20SHOW/SEASON%201/Chappelle's%20Show%20-%20S01E01%20-%20Black%20White%20Supremacist.mkv
Looks like a comment line.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
That's a comment line. Right?
You know what, you are probably right because of the #.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Looks like a comment line.
It is a comment.. and it serves no purpose except to help me troubleshoot problems
Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Did you apply the new bmt.xml from this post?

I applied the bmt.xml from the link and now i cannot log into either of the web pages with my credentials. Mind you i only have the credentials to log in to the sagetv web interface setup in the reamls.xml where am i supposed to set the one up for bmt? and why does it stop the sagetv web login from working?

I have my credentials setup like the following in the realms.properties file in the webserver folder.:

SageTV Web Interface=/Sage,usernameassword
BMT Web Interface=/BMT,usernameassword

where do i set up the BMT one? I think the sagetv one doesnt work cause i have the bMT line right underneath. where am i supposed to put its credentials in?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoeyjojo View Post
I applied the bmt.xml from the link and now i cannot log into either of the web pages with my credentials. Mind you i only have the credentials to log in to the sagetv web interface setup in the reamls.xml where am i supposed to set the one up for bmt? and why does it stop the sagetv web login from working?

I have my credentials setup like the following in the realms.properties file in the webserver folder.:

SageTV Web Interface=/Sage,usernameassword
BMT Web Interface=/BMT,usernameassword

where do i set up the BMT one? I think the sagetv one doesnt work cause i have the bMT line right underneath. where am i supposed to put its credentials in?

Thanks
the bmt webui uses the Jetty server and the authentication that is configured in jetty. By default, I think it's sage/frey as the username/password.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Sage User

I'm not sure if this relates to BMT or SageMC. I was wondering if there was a way I could add the Original Air Date anywhere in the description screen for imported recordings? I looked at the metadata properties file and it has it in there but I just can't figure out how to add it in to the description. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
the bmt webui uses the Jetty server and the authentication that is configured in jetty. By default, I think it's sage/frey as the username/password.
Ok I managed to fix the authentication so it works for both SageTv Web user interface and for the BMT by editing the realms.properties file and adding this line

Metadata Tools Web (BMT)=/bmt,usernameassword

However I still have the same problem after i log in with my credentials for bmt it says 404 not found. I know jetty is working fine because if i then try to log into te SageTv web user interface i can enter my credentials and the page comes up fine.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Ok I managed to fix the authentication so it works for both SageTv Web user interface and for the BMT by editing the realms.properties file and adding this line

Metadata Tools Web (BMT)=/bmt,usernameassword

However I still have the same problem after i log in with my credentials for bmt it says 404 not found. I know jetty is working fine because if i then try to log into te SageTv web user interface i can enter my credentials and the page comes up fine.
Seems to me the app is not in the correct path. i just copied the contewnts of where i extract the set up zip to which installs everything to

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\webapps\bmt

which when i browse to gives me 404 not found.

SO idecided to ocpy the contents of that to

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\bmt

which now at least goves me the list of the files and if i click on the html one it comes up but gives me the failed messages.

So my question is what path should bmt actually be in?
Old 10-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Sage Icon

the ..\jetty\ directory is correct. The ..\webserver\ directory was used by nielms webserver pre v2.25 (and is completely separate from jetty). v2.25 of nielms webserver that runs in jetty will still use that directory for some configuration files but it should be primarily empty after you upgrade to the latest version of nielms webserver running in jetty.

Have you tried to use a password that is not tied to a specific app but is general for all apps running in jetty? Also i believe the format you have for the user pass isn't correct (at least it doesnt follow the format in the default realm.properties file. Try something like this (the default format):
Code:
username:password, role
where role = user or admin or moderator... i believe the role is defined in the context file for each app and i have no idea what the differences between them are and if you can add your own custom roles

I believe this is more a general jetty configuration question, you may want to post in that thread... you will probably have better luck getting a response on how to set up jetty to use app specific user/passwords:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37099

also if you haven't checked out the jetty wiki you may want to do that:
http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/Jetty
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-02-2009, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
SO idecided to ocpy the contents of that to

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\bmt
bmt extracts to the correct location. I can't help you with the authentication stuff, because I've never set it up myself, but you should not be copying the bmt directory to the webserver directory.