SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Sage User

I've been trying for days to get the BMT UI to work but it just won't load. I followed the directions exactly here for the jetty server:

http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/JettyInstall

...and I also followed the instructions for the BMT here:

http://code.google.com/p/customsaget...adataImporter3

However I still can't access the UI and I believe that is hindering me from getting fanart imported correctly into my the SMW. I changed the port to 8081 on the properties file.

The SageMovieWall is completely blank.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong as I'm about to have my head explode!!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuhlman View Post
However I still can't access the UI and I believe that is hindering me from getting fanart imported correctly into my the SMW. I changed the port to 8081 on the properties file.
Care to given some more details.... ie, what url are you using? Doe you get a 404 error, if not, then what error?

Is jetty even working (ie, if you browse to the the root of the server, you should see something like this...)

Code:
Error 404 - Not Found.
No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:

* /sage ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@c4fedd{/sage,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/nielm_sagewebserver.war}
    * /sagex ---> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context@4ad14c{/sagex,null}
    * /bmt ---> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@14b1fda{/bmt,/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/webapps/bmt.war}
    * / ---> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@dc5cb5{/,file:/opt/sagetv/server/jetty/static}
Old 09-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
In some release of BMT, there will be a real "Browse" that will browse by folder, dvd, tv,movies, etc, and provide functionality for grouping, sorting, etc. Ie, the web browse will allow you to browse your tv files by season, or browse your collection by genre, etc. It's being worked on... I have no idea when it will be done
wowow TIA
also ill throw another feature request in the mix... when browsing have "Find Fanart" in addition to "Find Metadata"... maybe it already does this automatically but i could have sworn that it wasn't in my testing...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-22-2009, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
wowow TIA
also ill throw another feature request in the mix... when browsing have "Find Fanart" in addition to "Find Metadata"... maybe it already does this automatically but i could have sworn that it wasn't in my testing...
In the next release, I've changed how the save works... which will give the same results.... There will be a "Save" and a "Save..." button. when you click "Save..." it will option a small dialog and give you the ability to save only fanart, save only metadata, overwrite fanart, etc.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Require Authentication?

This was talked about a little in the Mobile Web Interface, but I thought this was a better place to ask this question...

Exactly what do I need to add to the BMT context.xml to require authentication?

I'd like to use the Mobile Web Interface, which means I need to open up my Jetty port.
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 09-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Sage User

[QUOTE=stuckless;381946]Care to given some more details.... ie, what url are you using? Doe you get a 404 error, if not, then what error?=QUOTE]

Stuckless....thanks for offering some help.

I'm using the url of http://(servername):8081/bmt/ to try and get to the jetty server per the instructions but nothing is happening. The message in IE that I get is:

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

I"m not sure exactly how to navigate to the root of the server as you suggested. Can you tell me how to do that and I can run that test as well?

Also if you are willing I'm open to allow remote logging into my system to have it troubleshooted. Afterwards I'd make a detailed post of what theresults were.

Thanks!

Dave

Last edited by dpuhlman; 09-22-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
Exactly what do I need to add to the BMT context.xml to require authentication?
Replace the current bmt.xml with the one that i've attached here. The next release will use this bmt.xml which will have authentication enabled by default.

Quote:
I'm using the url of http://(servername):8081/bmt/ to try and get to the jetty server per the instructions but nothing is happening. The message in IE that I get is:

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
The fact that the error message is being served up by Internet Information Services (IIS), then you are not hitting jetty. Did you configure you jetty server port? Is it set to 8081, because if it is, it won't work, since IIS is running on that port. Try using port 8080 for jetty. For information on how to configure jetty, see the jetty webserver plugin thread.

Quote:
I"m not sure exactly how to navigate to the root of the server as you suggested. Can you tell me how to do that and I can run that test as well?
The "root' just refers the server's address and port without any path, so in your case it would have been, http://servername:8081/

Quote:
Also if you are willing I'm open to allow remote logging into my system to have it troubleshooted. Afterwards I'd make a detailed post of what theresults were.
We'll cross the bridge if we need to... but for now, i'd suggest that you get jetty working and then worry about bmt.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

sorry... here's the bmt.xml (zipped). I failed to realize that the upload manager didn't accept just the xml file
Attached Files
File Type: zip bmt.xml.zip (887 Bytes, 561 views)
Old 09-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Replace the current bmt.xml with the one that i've attached here. The next release will use this bmt.xml which will have authentication enabled by default.
Thanks, Sean. It works perfectly.

Alfie
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless: The fact that the error message is being served up by Internet Information Services (IIS), then you are not hitting jetty. Did you configure you jetty server port? Is it set to 8081, because if it is, it won't work, since IIS is running on that port. Try using port 8080 for jetty. For information on how to configure jetty, see the jetty webserver plugin thread.

The "root' just refers the server's address and port without any path, so in your case it would have been, [url
http://servername:8081/[/url]

We'll cross the bridge if we need to... but for now, i'd suggest that you get jetty working and then worry about bmt.

I changed back the port the jetty server uses to 8080 per your instructions and verified that the # sign was removed from in front of the line command.

I then tried to connect to with http://(WHS-name):8080 & http://(WHS-name):8080/bmt/. Neither produced any results.

I spent about an hour going through the forum's and reading on jetty and there doesn't seem to by anything I can recognize that I haven't done correctly. I followed the directions here: http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/JettyInstall

Anything else I can check on to help narrow down the issue?

-Dave
Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

What bmt version 2.x (stable) or 3.x (beta)? 3.1
What SageTV version? 6.6.2.218
SageMC or default STV? SageMC
SageMC version? 6.3.8a
Java version? 1.6.0_15
Phoenix version? whatever was installed by this addon

I don't believe the following is relevant, since I'm having problems just getting the web UI to work. Let me know if you think they are.

SageTV setup:
Is central FanArt folder enabled?
Is central FanArt folder local or a network share?
Do you have SageTV set up to do automatic scans?
If yes, how often?
Do the scans import new videos?

BMT setup:
Command Line Tool:
Have you successfully used the command line tool?

On-demand Tool:
Have you imported the on-demand plugin (stvi of xml)?
Do you have the on-demand plug-in enabled?

Automatic tool:
Do you have these 2 properties set in sage.properties?
Code:
  mediafile_metadata_parser_plugins=org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin

custom_metadata_properties=UserRating;EpisodeNumber;EpisodeTitle;MediaTitle;MediaType;OriginalAirDate;SeasonNumber;MediaProviderDataID;DiscNumber

Please give a description of the steps to reproduce your issue:

I'm having a real devil of a time getting this working in a stable fashion. The first time I installed it and started sage, I was able to bring up the web interface and scan with no problems. Then at some later point, I got the same error that other users did where you just get a directory listing instead of the actual web UI. So I deleted my bmtweb directory but that wasn't enough. Finally deleted the whole bmt directory under webapps and it returned to working again.

Then recently I was using it and did a scan, but I had forgot to put in an exception for a folder. Is there any way to stop an existing scan? I also accidentally clicked another button so I couldn't see the ongoing scan status anymore. Is there any way to get back to that?

I tried hitting scan again, but then I started getting a jetty error saying the service returned an error (not the exact wording, sorry). Well, I closed down Sage and re-unzipped the jetty and then the metadata zips, overwriting all the data. Deleted the whole bmt tree again from webapps (leaving the war file). Now it goes to the UI when hitting the bmt url, but it pops up error boxes saying:
Failed to get status for: Metadata Tools
Failed to get status for: Phoenix
Failed to get status for: SageTV

And now I look in the SageTV\jetty\webapps\bmt folder and there are no files at all, just subfolders. And at that, it only had a few folders:
jsp
webapps
webapps\WEB-INF
webapps\WEB-INF\lib

I closed Sage, deleted the SageTV\jetty\webapps\bmt folder, restarted Sage and still get the same three "Failed to get status" errors. Though this time the webapps\bmt folder has a lot more stuff in it.

I just don't get how it can be going so wrong for me, as others obviously have it working right. The instructions are pretty simple, so I've repeated them several times. Any help?

I'm using jetty 1.6, and I'm not running SageTV as a service.

Any other info that might be pertinent?

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ive set up BMT to work but im having some videos NOT showing the cover art while browsing my videos. I do see the posters when i click on the video along with a background. Do BMT generate the filename.jpg in the video folder? It doesnt seem to but it does put the posters in /fanart/movie/moviename/poster . Does Sage mc use the poster as a cover in folder view?

Technazz
Old 09-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Sage User

Spent another few hours today starting from scratch with one of my pre-jetty backups and I'm still getting the same problems. Wondering if anyone with a bit of experience is willing to log into my system to give it a fresh look.

-Dave
Old 09-24-2009, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary View Post
So I deleted my bmtweb directory but that wasn't enough. Finally deleted the whole bmt directory under webapps and it returned to working again.
That's probably a miscommunication on my part. The bmt dir is the dir that needs to be removed. I don't even think there is a bmtweb directory.

Quote:
Then recently I was using it and did a scan, but I had forgot to put in an exception for a folder. Is there any way to stop an existing scan?
Not yet... but i'm looking at adding that functionality.

Quote:
I also accidentally clicked another button so I couldn't see the ongoing scan status anymore. Is there any way to get back to that?
Not yet... it's on the todo list. The scan is still happening... you just can't see any status.

Quote:
I tried hitting scan again, but then I started getting a jetty error saying the service returned an error (not the exact wording, sorry).
it won't let you start another scan if a scan is in progress. It probably should be handled better.

Quote:
I closed Sage, deleted the SageTV\jetty\webapps\bmt folder, restarted Sage and still get the same three "Failed to get status" errors. Though this time the webapps\bmt folder has a lot more stuff in it.
I would try to load the url, but use the shift+refresh button on your browser to force a reload. (ie, it clears the browser cache for the current page)

I would also check the mailcheck log file, since there will probably be errors in there, that miight be of more help (to me at least).
Old 09-24-2009, 05:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Do BMT generate the filename.jpg in the video folder? It doesnt seem to but it does put the posters in /fanart/movie/moviename/poster . Does Sage mc use the poster as a cover in folder view?
I think that sagemc will use the poster as a thumbnail. But you can force bmt to write a movie.jpg as well, by enabling the "Enable Default STV compatibility" option from the web ui. (search the config for "default" or "stv")

Quote:
Spent another few hours today starting from scratch with one of my pre-jetty backups and I'm still getting the same problems. Wondering if anyone with a bit of experience is willing to log into my system to give it a fresh look.
Dave, so far you haven't really provided any information. In you last post, it was simply, still not working, which isn't really helpful. if you could provide information, such as what is the results of what you are seeing (ie, 404 with the exact error message), since when you provided that the last time, I could at least tell you that you were not hitting the jetty server. I think the root of the issue for you, is that you haven't configured jetty correctly, which i'd take up in the Jetty plugin topic, if you haven't done so already.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think that sagemc will use the poster as a thumbnail. But you can force bmt to write a movie.jpg as well, by enabling the "Enable Default STV compatibility" option from the web ui. (search the config for "default" or "stv")

Ok Sage MC is not using the poster when movie.jpg is not present. Ill take this to the SageMC forum.

Thx

Technazz

** Edit I've checked the "Enable Default STV compatibility" and then re-indexed my video folders. I do not see movname.jpg being generated. Do I have to restart the server before this setting takes effact? **

Last edited by technazz; 09-24-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I "jumped" from ver2 to 3.1 and I must say it's really working great!
The jetty UI is very useful and much better then before.

EDIT: disregard .

And I would ask one thing to add to it: an option to select several files (series) and batch search for all of them. Updating them for series, season episode etc. manually.

Last edited by OferL; 09-24-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That's probably a miscommunication on my part. The bmt dir is the dir that needs to be removed. I don't even think there is a bmtweb directory.
Yeah, there actually is:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\webapps\bmt\webapp\bmtweb
So confusing

Quote:
I would try to load the url, but use the shift+refresh button on your browser to force a reload. (ie, it clears the browser cache for the current page)
Don't really think that's the problem, as I tried forcing a reload. Even tried it in IE, which I don't normally use. But in any case, I have Fiddler to run it through in case it happens again, just so I can see the traffic going back and forth.

(Un?)Fortunately, it's working again after deleting the bmt dir and restarting it. I deleted the BMT dir because Jetty started giving me 404 errors out of the blue for any request. It was working fine prior to that without any config changes. Are you using the current version of jetty, too? I wonder if they might have screwed something up more recently.

I also found out that the "Ignore These Folders" apparently doesn't like single backslash space characters. I tried forward slashes and started the scan, but only now do I see you must want double backslashes (should have realized it from the "Illegal/unsupported escape sequence" error.

If I get problems again, I'll dig through the mailcheck log. Speaking of which, is this an "expected" error?

sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Sage User

Cant get to Web UI

Hi I am also having problems getting the BMT Web UI to work. I have installed following the intructions. I get a 404 not found error.

I have the Sage TV WEb Interface running on jetty as well and can get ot that fine. However when i go to http://localhost:8081/bmt it gives me the 404 error

I have deleted the bmt folder from the web apps folder and tried again and still get the same error.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I had to restart SageTV, and I get the same thing as earlier. Going to http://media:8888/bmt and it just gives me the directory listing. If I click on the main html file, then I get the three error popups I mentioned earlier.

mailcheck.log doesn't show anything from at least an hour earlier when it was running just fine (just a harmless line about "Failed to get a date from the metadata date: 27 June 1974 (USA)"). Jetty log confirms that I am getting a fresh serving of the webpage and am not hitting my own cache.

This seems to be a pattern:
  1. delete bmt dir
  2. start sagetv
  3. BMT works fine
  4. restart sagetv
  5. BMT breaks with those popups
  6. Force a refresh
  7. BMT gives a directory instead of taking you to the main page
  8. Clicking the BMTWeb.html file file gives you the three error popups
  9. Goto 1

Any other ideas on what to check?

I just installed the Sage web interface, and it works fine on every restart of Sage. So it's not affecting all jetty apps. The one main difference I spot between the web UI and BMT is that BMT creates a temp dir. It seems it only fails if the bmt dir exists.

Furthermore: I decided to watch what is going on when SageTV gets closed. Well, a bunch of the files from the bmt dir get deleted. But not all. Here's the ones left:

Code:
.:
BMTWeb.css
BMTWeb.html
WEB-INF
bmtweb
gradient-back3.jpg
images

./bmtweb:
bmtweb.nocache.js
gwt

./bmtweb/gwt:
chrome

./bmtweb/gwt/chrome:
chrome.css

./images:
16x16

./images/16x16:
applications-system.png
dialog-information.png
folder-saved-search.png
system-search.png
view-refresh.png

./WEB-INF:
lib

./WEB-INF/lib:
gwt-servlet.jar
Then when you restart Sage, these are the ONLY files in the bmt dir. The other files never get re-created. This would seem like what might be screwing things up.

Sorry, this seems a bit stream-of-consciousness, but I just found this:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-848

Now I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here. They point to a sweeper daemon, but I'm trying to understand where this will fit with a jetty install in Sage.