SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
razrsharpe, based on your metadata.properties.... I would replace your file with this one...
Thanks for looking at it i will try it out.

Quote:
As for the enhancements, I'm not sure how much more I'll put into the stv plugin. I'm not a stv developer, and I'll probably wait till phoenix comes out and write a better plugin for that environment. But, until then, I am working (slowly) on the web ui that will (eventually) allow you to do searches, edit metadata, etc.
In reality the webui is probably the place to do all of the searching, modifying, etc anyway. One probably wants a keyboard and mouse and then would already be at a computer so it would be better to do it all from the webui... so maybe a stvi plugin really isnt needed. The more i think about it i would prefer to use the webui over a stv plugin 99% of the time Anyway thanks for the suggestions, ill try them out
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have a quick question on how metadata is associated with video files. Each one of my movies is in its old folder. Some of these movies also have trailers, which are in the folder as well. For instance, I have the following as an example:

Folder Name: Quantum of Solace

Movie: Quantum of Solace 1080p Blu Ray.mkv
Trailer: trailer.mov

I used razrsharpes .bat file to gather all fanart since I am having problems with v3.0 of BMI.

I am using SMW, and two movies show up, "Quantum of Solace" which happens to be trailer.mov. All the fanart is being assigned to this. The second movie called "Quantum of Solace 1080p Blu Ray" which is the actual movie shows up, but with no fanart assigned. This happens for all movies where I have a trailer, the trailer gets assigned all the fanart while the actual movie does not. Any ideas of why this happens?

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

I did a test using your folder and filenames, and I can't reproduce what you are seeing. In my test, Quantum of Solace 1080p Blu Ray.mkv.properties contained the movie info and trailer.mov.properties contained some information about a movie called "trailer".

Can you check the generated .properties files and see if they are correct?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
are there particular settings you may recommend?

Sorry for all the questions...
as background width of 1280 (720p) is usually quite good. The problem is some of the backgrounds are actually very large... i've even had some over 4800px wide.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
are there particular settings you may recommend?

Sorry for all the questions...
As Sean said 720p is good unless your tv is huge (projector of the sorts then I would do 1080p)
Old 07-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I did a test using your folder and filenames, and I can't reproduce what you are seeing. In my test, Quantum of Solace 1080p Blu Ray.mkv.properties contained the movie info and trailer.mov.properties contained some information about a movie called "trailer".

Can you check the generated .properties files and see if they are correct?
Only one properties file was generated "Quantum of Solace 1080p Blu Ray.mkv.properties" (see attached). Since I used razrsharpes bat file whenever it asked me to grab metadata for trailer.mov I had the program skip it, so none of my trailers had property files generated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quantum of Solace 1080p Blu Ray.mkv.zip (832 Bytes, 176 views)

Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Only one properties file was generated "Quantum of Solace 1080p Blu Ray.mkv.properties" (see attached). Since I used razrsharpes bat file whenever it asked me to grab metadata for trailer.mov I had the program skip it, so none of my trailers had property files generated.
That .properties file was not generated using bmt, although it does look valid. BMT .properties files will usually contain all that information, plus a bunch of other bmt specific properties.

You may want to update your .bat file and add the --overwriteMetadata option. That way, if an existing .properties is there, then it will overwrite it. Or, just remove the .properties file that is there and re-run the bat file.

Your problem may be that sage isn't detecting that your .mkv has new metadata to load. BMT tells sage to re-load metadata by changing the timestamp on a media once the .properties is created.

when bmt is called on a file that has existing .properties, then it just skips the file and does not update the file's timestamp.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That .properties file was not generated using bmt, although it does look valid. BMT .properties files will usually contain all that information, plus a bunch of other bmt specific properties.

You may want to update your .bat file and add the --overwriteMetadata option. That way, if an existing .properties is there, then it will overwrite it. Or, just remove the .properties file that is there and re-run the bat file.

Your problem may be that sage isn't detecting that your .mkv has new metadata to load. BMT tells sage to re-load metadata by changing the timestamp on a media once the .properties is created.

when bmt is called on a file that has existing .properties, then it just skips the file and does not update the file's timestamp.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will test out

Old 07-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

So would my bat would look like this?

Quote:
@echo off

C:
cd C:\program files\sagetv\sagetv

java -jar MetadataTool.jar "\\SERVER\Videos\" --overwriteMetadata --auto=false --prompt=true %1

PAUSE

Old 07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Sage Icon

almost...you need a =true after --overwriteMetadata

what is the significance of "\\SERVER\Videos\"? that will run the tool on that whole folder... if that is what you want you do not need %1... the percent %1 is to facilitate dragging and dropping individual videos (or using windows Send To)

Quote:
@echo off

C:
cd C:\program files\sagetv\sagetv

java -jar MetadataTool.jar "\\SERVER\Videos\" --overwriteMetadata=true --auto=false --prompt=true %1

PAUSE
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
almost...you need a =true after --overwriteMetadata

what is the significance of "\\SERVER\Videos\"? that will run the tool on that whole folder... if that is what you want you do not need %1... the percent %1 is to facilitate dragging and dropping individual videos (or using windows Send To)
Thanks, just got it working. I was planning on running for an entire folder of movies. I deleted out the "\\SERVER\Videos\" just to test on one file and worked like a charm

Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

With the version you released today I'm getting an error when I click on scan. The error reads "Service return an error". Any suggestions?

Never mind, I messed when loading the web page. My mistake.

Last edited by toricred; 07-02-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Sage User

Only finds about 20 of my 50 movies?

I tried to search for this problem with no success. I just installed the latest beta version for the first time and wanted to get my fanart organized. Through the Jetty page I did a complete library refresh and only found fanart and metadata for only about 20 of my 50 or so movies. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. Do I have to manually enter the rest of the information? Everything else seems to be working. I am using the latest (as of today) versions of SageTV and SageMC. Thanks for any help!
Old 07-03-2009, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steambuilder View Post
I tried to search for this problem with no success. I just installed the latest beta version for the first time and wanted to get my fanart organized. Through the Jetty page I did a complete library refresh and only found fanart and metadata for only about 20 of my 50 or so movies. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. Do I have to manually enter the rest of the information? Everything else seems to be working. I am using the latest (as of today) versions of SageTV and SageMC. Thanks for any help!
The success rate will only be as good as the filenames. So, if the movies are "FindingNemo-SomeTorrent-SomeData.avi" then it probably won't work. But if the movie is, "Finding Nemo.avi", then it probably will work. If you can post some of your filenames, then I can see if then I can test the movie filename myself and see what i come up with.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Sage User

All of my movie titles are in the V:\DVDs\ directory and I have a separate file folder named for each move. In each of those folders I have the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders for each movie title. Such as below...

V:\DVDs\Changling\

V:\DVDs\Austrailia\

V:\DVDs\Righteous Kill\

V:\DVDs\Pride and Glory\

Thanks for your help Stuckless!
Doug
Old 07-03-2009, 04:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Your naming seems fine, and those titles should have worked, the rest of your movie collection is that well named, then I would have expected to see a much higher sucess rate. I assume you are using the Automatic Plugin? Which metadata providers?

You may want to run a couple of commandline scans as well. I think razrsharpe posted a .bat file with a simple way to invoke the bmt commandline on a video file/dir. (only a few posts back)
Old 07-03-2009, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steambuilder View Post
All of my movie titles are in the V:\DVDs\ directory and I have a separate file folder named for each move. In each of those folders I have the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders for each movie title. Such as below...

V:\DVDs\Changling\

V:\DVDs\Austrailia\

V:\DVDs\Righteous Kill\

V:\DVDs\Pride and Glory\

Thanks for your help Stuckless!
Doug
It's spelled Changeling and Australia. The other two should have worked.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Sage Icon

This should help me out a bit figuring out if my slugishness during major rescans is memory:

Code:
JVM Max Memory         390,208 M
JVM Allocated Memory   118,384 M
JVM Total Free Memory  289,662 M
I need to up my JVM size to my pre-reinstall size, but want to see how bad it gets after a couple rescans...
Old 07-05-2009, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

I added in the JVM sizes so that people could get an idea on memory use, much like you are doing. I think that Sage's default settings are fine for "Just Sage", but if you are running plugins, such as SageMC, Metadata Tools, SMW, etc, then you'll want to increase the memory. I have a 4 gig system and I set my JVM settings to 1g.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

I bumped mine up to around 700m, I've never noticed it going any higher than about 400m in the past, but the extra headroom gives that piece of mind .