SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I agree it's worth investigating... and I think i've done my share of the investigating. I've been running bmt as an automatic plugin almost from the very beginning. I initially released the tool as a commandline tool, because the command tool gives feedback, but I hardly ever run it as a command line tool. i can say with some degree of certainty, that the tool, when configured correctly will run as an automatic plugin.

The problem is that there are lots of reasons why it may not work for other configurations. I can't possibly dedicate that type effort to solving everyone's problems. Sometimes, people have solve their own problems, or let it go. I'd love to be able to solve your issue, but I don't think it's going to happen. You've sent me logs, properties, etc, and as far as i can tell, it's configured correctly. I've even had people send me vmware images of their environment to try and solve issues, and at the end of the day, I still can solve it.

My best advice is to let it go. Try the 3.0 final release when it's done. it will have some other tools that will hopefully help people such as yourself configure and troubleshoot the tool. I'm certainly not putting in all this effort for my needs, since it works fine in my environment, and I already know how to configure it. So, while you may consider this as being dismissive on my part, I'm actually working to ensure that the next 3.x build can provide a better user experience than the current 2.x build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Right. But it seems there are more people who have the same issue. So, its probably not a good idea to write it off as a very unique case for one person. This has been going on since right when ver 2.3 was released when looking back at other posts; including for people like tmiranda from this thread. Most people just end up having to use the command-line when dealing with batch importing of fanart (which defeats the purpose of using BMI's "batch" capability; so they wont see this problem. It's probably worth investigating if it affects more than one person.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Quick question. Another thing I noticed with 3.0 is when I manually ran the Metadata/Fanart option on a single SageTV recording (Example: The Listener)in SageMC it changed the title from The Listener to The Listener-S01E01-I am an Adult, The Listener-S01E02-Emotional Rescue, etc. Is it suppose to do that? Is there an option to change that behavior? It messes up my recordings listing because I group them by program. Now they show up individually.

Gerry
In the web ui, click on "Configure", then type "mask" in the search box and press enter. Change the "TV Title Mask" to be the Display title that you want for TV shows. And be sure to click "Save" for the changes to take effect.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
In the web ui, click on "Configure", then type "mask" in the search box and press enter. Change the "TV Title Mask" to be the Display title that you want for TV shows. And be sure to click "Save" for the changes to take effect.
Thanks for the quick answer.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

The automatic downloading is not working for me either. Here is an attached log (that begins at a fresh reboot). Several programs start recording at 19:00 but none seem to get fanart downloaded. (I tried a couple of manual downloads just before 19:00 to see what would show up in the debug log.)

I'm all for fixing my own problems but I need a pointer on where to look. As far as I can tell the plugin gets loaded by Sage and I've configured it properly.

I'm using v2.3, I don't want to venture into 3.0 yet

Thanks,

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (198.2 KB, 249 views)

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the quick answer.

Gerry
Thankfully some of these issues are easier to fix/help than others
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Sean,

The automatic downloading is not working for me either. Here is an attached log (that begins at a fresh reboot). Several programs start recording at 19:00 but none seem to get fanart downloaded. (I tried a couple of manual downloads just before 19:00 to see what would show up in the debug log.)

I'm all for fixing my own problems but I need a pointer on where to look. As far as I can tell the plugin gets loaded by Sage and I've configured it properly.

I'm using v2.3, I don't want to venture into 3.0 yet

Thanks,

Tom
Nothing out of the ordinary in the log files. BMT fails to find a scooby doo tv show, but other than that, I'm not seeing anything. In my log files, when I record a new shows, I'm seeing the following SageTV log entry

Code:
Mon 6/15 20:30:00.003 MediaFile created subfile:/var/media/tv/Futurama-TheWhyofFry-3584317-0.ts MediaFile[id=3620075 A[3584317,3584273,"Futurama",12045@0615.20:30,30] host=mediaserver encodedBy=video0 Great-H.264 format=MPEG2-TS 0:00:00 0 kbps []]
Mon 6/15 20:30:00.023 Added:MediaFile[id=3620075 A[3584317,3584273,"Futurama",12045@0615.20:30,30] host=mediaserver encodedBy=video0 Great-H.264 format=MPEG2-TS 0:00:00 0 kbps [] /var/media/tv/Futurama-TheWhyofFry-3584317-0.ts, Seg0[Mon 6/15 20:30:00.003-Wed 12/31 19:00:00.000]]
Mon 6/15 20:30:00.039 Seeker channel string=551
Mon 6/15 20:30:00.039 startEncoding for V4L capture device file=/var/media/tv/Futurama-TheWhyofFry-3584317-0.ts chan=551
This is showing that SageTV is adding/recording a media item to the library. I'm pretty sure that this triggers their metadata plugin system to go fetch metadata, and when I look in my recordings dir, there is a .properties file there created by bmt. What I can't be sure of, is that I haven't "forced" a full scan. So, I'm recording a couple of more shows to see if they "automatically" get picked up or not.

For the record, I'm not seeing these types of log entries in your log file, and I don't know why.

On another note, I've released a new beta2 of the 3.0 version. I've added another screen shot to the releases thread.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Sean,

Thanks for looking at the log file. It looked to me like the plugin was never being called by Sage and I think you just confirmed that.

From your log file snippit it looks like you are running the linux version? Have you tried the plugin under Windows XP? Maybe there is a difference?

What version of Java are you using?

I think I have the sage.properties configured properly because the plugin seems to get loaded but Sage is never calling it. Any idea how I can debug the problem?

I'm really eager to get this working and help in the debug process so please let me know if you have something special I should try.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I have a vmware image that sflamm loaned me in order to troubleshoot... I'll try to get some time tonight and see what happens under windows. I run linux, but I would think it would be the same either way.

You could temporarily try the 3.0 beta.... and the web ui, see if the web configuration / status tell you anything. You can always downgrade to the 2.x release by reinstalling the 2.x release over the 3.x release later.

If you try the 3.x beta, you will have to re-configure, which is fairly easy using the web ui.

For testing, in linux, I typically "touch" a file, and then hit the refresh link. And I usually see the sage plugin kick in. In the web status, you should see the "total scanned" increase and it should show the last name of the file scanned.

@mkanet - since the 2.x release isn't working for you as well... you might be better served by trying the 3.x release (event temporarily) to see if sheds any different light on the problem.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

I appreciate it Sean. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I have a vmware image that sflamm loaned me in order to troubleshoot... I'll try to get some time tonight and see what happens under windows. I run linux, but I would think it would be the same either way.

You could temporarily try the 3.0 beta.... and the web ui, see if the web configuration / status tell you anything. You can always downgrade to the 2.x release by reinstalling the 2.x release over the 3.x release later.

If you try the 3.x beta, you will have to re-configure, which is fairly easy using the web ui.

For testing, in linux, I typically "touch" a file, and then hit the refresh link. And I usually see the sage plugin kick in. In the web status, you should see the "total scanned" increase and it should show the last name of the file scanned.

@mkanet - since the 2.x release isn't working for you as well... you might be better served by trying the 3.x release (event temporarily) to see if sheds any different light on the problem.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

I haven't had a chance yet to load up the 3.0 version (but will try soon). My observation based on the 2.x version is that there may be some significant difference between the Windows version and the Linux version -- as I too (in addition to a number of others) have not been able to get the plugin to run successfully.

The Windows VM I lent you had the same issue. It would be great if you can give the Windows VM a whirl and see if with the new 3.0 version you have the same problem. I understand you not troubling yourself to go back a version. But I think it would be a great idea to check the 3.0 version on the VM to ensure it is working for Windows users (there are a lot of us).

As always - thanks for all the great work.

BTW, I'll update the install/instruction manual when I finally get time to run through the process myself.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post

BTW, I'll update the install/instruction manual when I finally get time to run through the process myself.
COOL! Where is this manual going to be located???
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

The current manual is on Page 1 of this thread at the top (follow the link)
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
I haven't had a chance yet to load up the 3.0 version (but will try soon). My observation based on the 2.x version is that there may be some significant difference between the Windows version and the Linux version -- as I too (in addition to a number of others) have not been able to get the plugin to run successfully.

The Windows VM I lent you had the same issue. It would be great if you can give the Windows VM a whirl and see if with the new 3.0 version you have the same problem. I understand you not troubling yourself to go back a version. But I think it would be a great idea to check the 3.0 version on the VM to ensure it is working for Windows users (there are a lot of us).

As always - thanks for all the great work.

Yeah, I'm going test using your vm image tonight (if i get a chance). I doubt it's a sagetv issue, but there may be some annoying issue in the bmt code that only shows up in windows.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
Commandline bat like this;
java -jar C:\Metadata\MetadataTool.jar --listMovies R:\Recordings\

Returns list of all recordings.

My record directory was "R:\Recorded TV" but Metadataupdater.log kept saying "R:\Recorded" is nonexistant. So I dropped the space and "TV", then renamed the directory simply "Recordings".
I'm having this same issue and was wondering if there was another resolution for it.
Mine is located at "\\Storage\my documents\Misc\SageTV Fanart" and it stops at \\Storage\my '. It's not real convenient to just get rid of the space.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
I'm having this same issue and was wondering if there was another resolution for it.
Mine is located at "\\Storage\my documents\Misc\SageTV Fanart" and it stops at \\Storage\my '. It's not real convenient to just get rid of the space.
my guess: enclose the path in quotes
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --listMovies "\\Storage\my documents\Misc\SageTV Fanart"
Check out TVExplorer
Old 06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage Expert

excellent idea, I'll try it out when I get home!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

you can also try drag and dropping the directory onto the .bat file with this (or whatever options you want) in the bat file:

java -jar MetadataTool.jar --listMovies %1

this is what i do via the RMB (right mouse button) -> Send To Menu... i have a shortcut to all the .bat files i want to run. the %1 is the 1st argument you pass to the bat file (ie the directory you dragged and dropped)
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 06-16-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Expert

The quotes did the trick, man. Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

I know this is an old issue, but I found more information on it thanks to version 3.0.

On the shows where command-line and/or the automatic plugin weren't updating the season and episode numbers it turns out the Episode Title is missing. When it is there or I manually do a metadata search in Sage everything works right.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Great job on this. What I'm seeing in my status is a failing for all of my DVDs. (About 1104 failures)The first line when I hover over it says "Scan did not produce a property file." and the second line says "Nothing found for Query: SearchQuery; Type: MOVIE; TITLE: VIDEO;"
Am I doing something wrong? I have DVD Profiler, theMovieDB, IMDB the TVDB as providers. (And of course the rest of the scan errors are TV movies I have recorded.)

Gerry
This is fixed with Beta 2. Thanks.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.