SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Errors using BMT (auto download)

I'm getting the following errors when something tries to autodownload:

Quote:
2009-05-19 08:57:47,330 ERROR [LibraryImporter] org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage (FanartStorage.java:77) - Failed to save fanart: POSTER for file: file:/C:/Media/media/DVD/Superbad/
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at sagex.phoenix.fanart.FanartUtil.getLocalBackgroundFilename(FanartUtil.java:180)
at sagex.phoenix.fanart.FanartUtil.getLocalFanartForFile(FanartUtil.java:198)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage.saveLocalFanart(FanartStorage.java:88)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage.saveLocalFanartForTypes(FanartStorage.java:75)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage.saveFanart(FanartStorage.java:57)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.FanartStorage.downloadFanart(FanartStorage.java:289)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.CentralFanartPersistence.storeMetaData(CentralFanartPersistence.java:37)
at org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.sage.SageTVPropertiesWithCentralFanartPersistence.storeMetaData(SageTVPropertiesWithCentralFanartPersistence.java:39)
at org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.fetchMetaData(AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.java:111)
at org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.fetchMetaData(AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.java:62)
at org.jdna.media.util.AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.visit(AutomaticUpdateMetadataVisitor.java:47)
at org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin.extractMetadata(MetadataUpdaterPlugin.java:153)
at sage.media.format.g.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.b1.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.b1.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.at.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.ce.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.ce.kZ(Unknown Source)
at sage.ce.access$300(Unknown Source)
at sage.ce$1.run(Unknown Source)
at sage.cs$a.run(Unknown Source)
And of course nothing downloads, but if I manually select the fanart download it will copy the backgrounds and posters to the correct fanart location.

I've reinstalled several times... and can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong. I had this working on a Win7 64bit box easily (so I know I'm setting it up right), but for some reason it won't work on a Win7 32 bit. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Sean,

Speaking of TV.... Do you have any plans to have the plugin called when Sage records TV shows? I have been having great success manually running the tool (from the STV) on TV shows but having it happen automatically would be really nice.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom, if the MetadataPlugin is not being called for recorded shows (and I have not confirmed this yet) then this would be a core sagetv bug/enhancment to have the MetadataPlugins called when new TV shows are added to the library from a SageRecording. (I'll make a note to test this, and I'll submit a bug/enhancment to Sage)
Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
thanks sean i figured i had some configuration setting wrong thanks for looking at it... i will test it out when i get home tonight
Are you sure the metadata is for the correct show? Because if you check out the thetvdb site "Cupid" is for the original series that ran in 1998 and "Cupid (2009)" is for the one running currently. What tipped me off to go investigating is the episode synopsis information it returned; it seemed more like the series info rather than the episode info so i went exploring...

Cupid: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=76612&lid=7
Cupid (2009): http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=83615&lid=7

And a feature request: If updating the metadata for a sage recorded show keep the recorded air date and channel info... (the time, date, and channel that did the recording)... maybe it does this already but i don't think so. I am working on an import similar to the malore menus for sagemc and one of my grouping options i have is by channel.... on recordings that were originally recorded by sage that i ran BMT on they definately lose the channel info... not sure about recording air date... Maybe its a PITA to implement but figured I would put it out there

Aaron
You are right... I did not confirm that there were 2 different shows If tvdb has the show title stored as Show (Year), then there isn't much that I can about that... but tvdb is a wiki style tv library, so you may be able to change it at the source.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30 View Post
I'm getting the following errors when something tries to autodownload:

And of course nothing downloads, but if I manually select the fanart download it will copy the backgrounds and posters to the correct fanart location.

I've reinstalled several times... and can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong. I had this working on a Win7 64bit box easily (so I know I'm setting it up right), but for some reason it won't work on a Win7 32 bit. Any Suggestions?

Thanks

--Mike
It seems that I need to do better bounds checking... but I can't tell off hand what the root of the problem is. I'll add an issue so that I'll remember to take a look at it.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It seems that I need to do better bounds checking... but I can't tell off hand what the root of the problem is. I'll add an issue so that I'll remember to take a look at it.
Thanks let me know if I can provide anything!

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Tom, if the MetadataPlugin is not being called for recorded shows (and I have not confirmed this yet) then this would be a core sagetv bug/enhancment to have the MetadataPlugins called when new TV shows are added to the library from a SageRecording. (I'll make a note to test this, and I'll submit a bug/enhancment to Sage)
I'm pretty sure this is the same thing I was seeing.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
OK, I'm considering taking the plunge into fanart and all of the other prettiness offered by this + Phoenix APIs. However, I'm a bit confused. I'm running in a client/server environment. My server is a headless WHS box which is never used as a playback device. What needs to be installed where in order to utilize all this coolness? Is there a recommended distribution setup? Thanks!
Client 2 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, ATI HD2400 Pro
Client 3 - Athlon 4200 x2, 1 GB RAM, nVidia 8500 GT

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 05-20-2009, 04:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've done some basic testing and it does not call the plugin when a new show is recorded.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlobster View Post
OK, I'm considering taking the plunge into fanart and all of the other prettiness offered by this + Phoenix APIs. However, I'm a bit confused. I'm running in a client/server environment. My server is a headless WHS box which is never used as a playback device. What needs to be installed where in order to utilize all this coolness? Is there a recommended distribution setup? Thanks!
hey lobster the easy way is download BMI from this conversations first page extract that into your sagetv\sagetv folder make sure sagetv service is stopped. Then go and grab the latest beta of sagemc since I know you run mc.

Oh yeah also make sure you are running 6.5.15 (I recommend at least)
Update the firmware on the extender to latest
As you would say open a beer
Start sagetv service
Go to one of your clients/extenders and import metadata fanart tools
Then go into sagemc setup and the bmi options set it to your prefered provider and point it to your fanart folder( I recomend not having fanart on the c partition of whs due to 4k clusters seems to run to slow when scaling occurs in sagemc)

Go back to server stop service edit your client properties file to force full index ( if you setup auto download and would like it to fetch all your existing movies)
Start the service go back to client and do a library scan and air back an wait as bmi fetched everything

Oh yeah make sure and siable auto download by imdb in sagemc

Download the addins you like and enjoy another beer
Old 05-20-2009, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ghostlobster, you will need to have bmt installed on the server, which includes extracted it into the sagetv root dir. From there you have a few different options on how you want to utilize the tool, ie, commandline fetching , automated fetching, or on-demand fetching. I'd read the install guide that sflamm wrote. I'd also read the install wiki.

Keep in mind that if you are using clients (not extenders) then you'll need to extract the bmt plugin there as well.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stuckless and Plucky,
Thanks for the replies guys! I'll give this a whirl over the next few days. I had checked the wiki and install guide, and I don't remember seeing anything specific to a client/server architecture. I saw some extender references, but there's also a good chance I missed the important info...I had been troublshooting an Access DB issue all day and my brain was fried (error log? what error log!???)
I had tinkered around with this a while back and had just installed it on my client, figuring that it's a playback/display add-in, so the server was not involved. Whoops!
Thanks again guys! I'll report back

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 05-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
hey lobster the easy way is download BMI from this conversations first page extract that into your sagetv\sagetv folder make sure sagetv service is stopped. Then go and grab the latest beta of sagemc since I know you run mc.

Oh yeah also make sure you are running 6.5.15 (I recommend at least)
Update the firmware on the extender to latest
As you would say open a beer
Start sagetv service
Go to one of your clients/extenders and import metadata fanart tools
Then go into sagemc setup and the bmi options set it to your prefered provider and point it to your fanart folder( I recomend not having fanart on the c partition of whs due to 4k clusters seems to run to slow when scaling occurs in sagemc)

Go back to server stop service edit your client properties file to force full index ( if you setup auto download and would like it to fetch all your existing movies)
Start the service go back to client and do a library scan and air back an wait as bmi fetched everything

Oh yeah make sure and siable auto download by imdb in sagemc

Download the addins you like and enjoy another beer

Dude - great instructions. Ran out of beer when implementing my third extender and had to raid the next door neighbors fridge. On or about the second PC client, somehow the cat got shaved. Not sure if this is a problem with SageTV, the BMT or being overserved. As soon as the hangover subsides I will do some more troubleshooting. Carry on.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
Dude - great instructions. Ran out of beer when implementing my third extender and had to raid the next door neighbors fridge. On or about the second PC client, somehow the cat got shaved. Not sure if this is a problem with SageTV, the BMT or being overserved. As soon as the hangover subsides I will do some more troubleshooting. Carry on.
I'm out of beer, so I tried using Gin & tonic last night...not good! My TV is now stuck playing loops of Dora the Explorer and anytime I try to play music, I get Enter Sandman...not exactly horrible, but it gets old!

Raleigh Computer Repair
Old 05-21-2009, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm out of beer, so I tried using Gin & tonic last night...not good! My TV is now stuck playing loops of Dora the Explorer and anytime I try to play music, I get Enter Sandman...not exactly horrible, but it gets old!
That is why I stay away from the hard liquor never know what is going to happen
Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That is why I stay away from the hard liquor never know what is going to happen
Anything you don't remember never really happened.

On the other hand. Two things. First when manually scanning recorded tv it takes FOREVER to find info. Movies were fast. This may be due to the fact that I have the fanart on my c: partition. I may move it.

Second, the automated scanning doesn't seem to be doing anything. I will go make sure my options are set correctly, but I wanted to see if you guys had any pointers.

Third (i didn't mention a third, but it's here anyway) when I scan my library it takes about half a second and says it is finished. Also, sage won't import any new folders now that I've updated all of my stuff (meaning sage beta, bmt, smw, sagemc, phoenix, insert acronym here) to new versions (i guess that'd be fourth).
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

Is it possible to remove the custom metadata set by BMT and return to the default metadata?... I am thinking specifically about Sage Recorded television. Maybe that's not possible because all of that original metadata is wiped out when BMT updates it but wanted to put it out there.

Thanks
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Sage User

Reinstall BMT does not work

I had Win XP and BMT worked fine.
Last week I installed VISTA and tried to install bmt again on clear sage install.
However, bmt doesn't work for some reason.

I even deleted the *.properties files from my media folder.
I did almost everything from the install guild.

The problem is that it seems like the bmt will not scan anything, and no data is being created in the fanart folder.

Any ideas?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
First when manually scanning recorded tv it takes FOREVER to find info. Movies were fast. This may be due to the fact that I have the fanart on my c: partition. I may move it.
TV Scanning is slower than Movie Scanning because of how the "searching" happens. ie, for TV, there are is always 2 searches, one for the showname and one for the title name. TV will always be slower to download metadata. Once it's downloaded, there should be no difference in the performance of showing the metadata in the UI.

Quote:
Second, the automated scanning doesn't seem to be doing anything. I will go make sure my options are set correctly, but I wanted to see if you guys had any pointers.
Not much to go on here.... check they the plugin is installed on the server. Then when you add new items to your media library, you see entries in the sagetv_0.txt log file indicating that a scan is taking place and whether or not the file was skipped. You may have to force a rescan before sage will scan for new media.

Quote:
Third (i didn't mention a third, but it's here anyway) when I scan my library it takes about half a second and says it is finished. Also, sage won't import any new folders now that I've updated all of my stuff (meaning sage beta, bmt, smw, sagemc, phoenix, insert acronym here) to new versions (i guess that'd be fourth).
The sagetv_0.txt log file may contain some information about why this is happening... ie, are there execptions in there?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Is it possible to remove the custom metadata set by BMT and return to the default metadata?... I am thinking specifically about Sage Recorded television. Maybe that's not possible because all of that original metadata is wiped out when BMT updates it but wanted to put it out there.
That's why the import/overwrite tv is very experimental and not turned on by default.... so, no, there is no way to restore tv metadata once you've imported and overwritten what was there. You can "fix" what is there by editing the information using the webserver, or by editing the .properties file and re-importing the show, but you can't restore what was lost
Old 05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDragon View Post
I had Win XP and BMT worked fine.
Last week I installed VISTA and tried to install bmt again on clear sage install.
However, bmt doesn't work for some reason.

I even deleted the *.properties files from my media folder.
I did almost everything from the install guild.

The problem is that it seems like the bmt will not scan anything, and no data is being created in the fanart folder.

Any ideas?
when you say it won't scan... is this from the command line, automatic plugin, or on-demand searching?