SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Install over? Does that mean remove?
I'd literally RAR up your old directory.
Move it elsewhere.
Uninstall. Delete the Program Files/SageTV directory and then reinstall.
Something weird is going on...
I'd hold off on installing the Nielms web stuff until after this is working.
Keep it simple.
Yeah, I guess your right - that's most likely the only way. It seems the proper Jar's in place would correct the issue. I wish the visual Studio tool depends would support jar files, so I could see the broken API link. Anyway this will have to be in a few days. I will report back when I get a chance to do this.

Thank you very much for hanging in there and assisting me.

-Skybolt
Old 10-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question, I have the auto option enabled for auto fanart collection. However it is not working when a new recording is made. If I trigger a scan it will find and use the fanart.

Any ideas what to check?
Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu
I am using the Metadata Tools web interface, and I am having problems saving the duration/running time. A Metadata find will return the movie length in milliseconds, but once you save it, it defaults back to 1.
Anyone else run into this issue?
Did this get solved? I'm noticing the same behavior.

Also, the "RunningTime" does not seem to appear in the Movie info screen. I've attached an example screen shot of a movie and its generated .properties.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BreakingAwaySageTVScreenshot.JPG (86.7 KB, 330 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Breaking Away.properties.txt (3.7 KB, 292 views)
Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

mail log file errors

I noticed mailchecklog files containing the following:

2009-10-25 10:07:25,781 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
2009-10-25 10:13:05,803 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
2009-10-25 10:19:20,426 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
2009-10-25 10:34:19,413 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
2009-10-25 10:37:42,920 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
2009-10-25 10:44:43,721 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
2009-10-25 10:47:28,385 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml
2009-10-25 10:51:39,547 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] sagex.phoenix.configuration.XmlMetadataProvider (XmlMetadataProvider.java:20) - Missing Configuration File: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.\STVs\Phoenix\Configuration\Phoenix.xml

What exactly does this mean? I had removed all the metadata providers with the exception of mymovies-2. Did I mess up? I am trying to get the metadata populated only by my movies as I run it everytime I add new movies to my collection. The problem is that the mymovies info does not seem to be getting used for some reason.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

Did you configure the directory for the "mymovies" file?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

search is your friend... its a configuration file that the phoenix stv will use... it means nothing at this stage since phoenix is only an api at this point (at least publically)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help with MyMovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
Did you configure the directory for the "mymovies" file?
not sure how you mean. In the bmi web interface page I mymovies-2 in the "metadata providers" section and that is all I have in there.

Maybe the mymovies xml file that s causing me such confusion. I do not see and xml file in the mymovies directory so I was doing an export to create one and just naming it the default "Titles.xml" . Should I be doing something else here?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I saw this issue a LONG time ago in this thread, but I can't seem to find if it was ever resolved, so here we go again - maybe Sean can shed some light on his findings.

I have had NO issues with BMT when running in Auto Mode - things get found and update just great. There is, however, a bug in the "manual" mode. When I use the "Edit Video Details" and choose "Fanart/Metadata" from within the file itself (sometimes BMT will pull the wrong show info if there is more than one show/movie with the same name), the show gets "moved" from within the correct folder to my root VIDEOS screen.

Example:
Ghost Hunters - the wrong episode number is in the file, so BMT names it wrong and pulls the wrong metadata. This is currently in my Sage directories as "Videos\TV Shows\Ghost Hunters". I want to correct the metadata, so I rename the file correctly and do another SAGE scan (not a full BMT update).

I then go into "Videos\TV Shows\Ghost Hunters", find the show, and choose the "Edit Video" and "Fanart\Metadata". Ghost Hunters comes up as "Ghost Hunters (2005)" (I think...) - so I choose this one.

Now, I can't access this episode from within the "Ghost Hunters" directory - I see it back in the ROOT of the "Videos" directory (although the file itself stays put where it was originally).

I am using the latest (well, as of about a week or so ago) Sage STV as well as SageMC. I don't think a new version of BMT has been put out in several months, so I don't think that I'm behind on that...

Anyone have any ideas?
If I keep using only the AUTO function, it is all A-OK, but the manual isn't an option because it messes stuff up....

Thanks!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguebert View Post
Quick question, I have the auto option enabled for auto fanart collection. However it is not working when a new recording is made. If I trigger a scan it will find and use the fanart.

Any ideas what to check?
Check your "Auto Scan" time in Setup.... make sure that it's set to something semi-regularly.... I am not in front of my server right now, so I can't give you the entire path...
Old 10-26-2009, 05:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapp View Post
not sure how you mean. In the bmi web interface page I mymovies-2 in the "metadata providers" section and that is all I have in there.

Maybe the mymovies xml file that s causing me such confusion. I do not see and xml file in the mymovies directory so I was doing an export to create one and just naming it the default "Titles.xml" . Should I be doing something else here?
sounds like you haven't configured where your mymovies.xml is located. In the web ui, goto Configure -> Metadata Tools -> My Movies and set the location of your mymovies.xml.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
There is, however, a bug in the "manual" mode. When I use the "Edit Video Details" and choose "Fanart/Metadata" from within the file itself (sometimes BMT will pull the wrong show info if there is more than one show/movie with the same name), the show gets "moved" from within the correct folder to my root VIDEOS screen.
I think there 2 issues here. The first is that bmt doesn't have good support for movies where there is more than 1 exact match on the title. I have an open issue for that one, and it'll be fixed at some time.

The second issue sound like the bmt/sagemc issue where bmt sets the metadata info and then sagemc can't determine which directory the movie is supposed to be (only in folder/filesystem view). If it is this issue, then there is a newer release of SageMC that fixes that issue.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think there 2 issues here. The first is that bmt doesn't have good support for movies where there is more than 1 exact match on the title. I have an open issue for that one, and it'll be fixed at some time.

The second issue sound like the bmt/sagemc issue where bmt sets the metadata info and then sagemc can't determine which directory the movie is supposed to be (only in folder/filesystem view). If it is this issue, then there is a newer release of SageMC that fixes that issue.
Thanks for the update, Sean... no problem at all with the "duplicate matches" - that's to be expected... as for the new SageMC, I see the "latest" version is 6.3.9a... this is what I am currently using....

Last edited by can3gxw; 10-26-2009 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Additional Info:
Old 10-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Sage Icon

can3gxw:
Quote:
Thanks for the update, Sean... no problem at all with the "duplicate matches" - that's to be expected... as for the new SageMC, I see the "latest" version is 6.3.9a... this is what I am currently using...
Check my install instructions linked on Page 1 for the location of the latest 6.3.9b12.

kkapp:
Quote:
I mean what Sean said - configure the location of the "mymovies" xml file:

Configure -> Metadata Tools -> My Movies
Old 10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for link.... guess I missed that one before...
I'll d/l it and give it a whirl...
Old 10-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Done and it works better now... thanks, Sean.

HOWEVER (LOL) - I have a new problem - before, BMT would "rename" the files inside SageMC (not the actual avi files) to the Season and Description at the Folder level... now, with the "upgrade" to the latest SageMC, it now shows the actual FileName in the file/folder view.

Is there another setting in BMT that I am missing? I liked it before when it had the "Real" episode name... Help!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
HOWEVER (LOL) - I have a new problem - before, BMT would "rename" the files inside SageMC (not the actual avi files) to the Season and Description at the Folder level... now, with the "upgrade" to the latest SageMC, it now shows the actual FileName in the file/folder view.

Is there another setting in BMT that I am missing? I liked it before when it had the "Real" episode name... Help!
This is fixed for the next SageMC pre-release. It has been working fine on my system for a couple of weeks. I just need to get around to posting it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mike,

Is that a newer version than the SageMC_6_3_9b_12.zip?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the exact same problem Skybolt is having. I think it has to do with MyMovies 3.x but that doesn't address the issue.

On a clean install of SageTV, I got jetty and the webUI working fine. BMT was working as well. So I looked around a bit. My nephew uses windows media center and MyMovies so he set that up for me. I saw MyMovies option, so I exported an XML from MyMovies and pointed BMT at it.

It seemed to load it but no metadata was added in the "results" page that BMT brought up. Being a totally new user of any of this SageTV stuff, I tried a reboot.

After that BMT flatlined. I get the exact same behavior as Skybolt with one difference. If I just put in http://mycomputer:jettyport/bmt/ I see:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...1&d=1256643659

but if I click BMTWeb.html I get the same screens as Skybolt.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...1&d=1256643926

(I spread out the error prompts as they were all underneath each other so it looked like there was only 1 error).

I removed and reinstalled SageTV already and this is the 2nd time this happened. Again, it happens after pointing BMT to MyMovies.xml. This last time there was no reboot, just a restart of SageTV.

This is just informational. I will uninstall MyMovies, as I don't like its manager interface and I prefer IMDB anyway. Its working fine if I don't specify any MyMovies xml.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0001.jpg (33.5 KB, 657 views)
File Type: jpg 0002.jpg (60.5 KB, 624 views)

Last edited by Opus4; 10-27-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Images are too wide to be inline; changed them to links.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Now I have a question, if its ok? I inherited several terabytes of movies from my nephew. I plan on watching them, of course but this past few weeks I've been watching them on my computer. Some were a waste of my time, then I started using the IMDB rating to order my watching (highest rating down), and it has seemed to be a good method to watch them.

Is there a way to do this in SageTV? I notice that the ratings field is not being imported with this program, or if it is, I don't see any way to see that rating in SageTV.

If there is a way to see the rating, my next question is there a way to sort the list of movies from highest to lowest?

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

@lash

See if this post helps your webui issue...