SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

Sean,

Do you think you could add to the "Browse" page "Find Metadata" the same/similar options that are avaible in the "Scan" page:

On the "Scan" page:
Metadata/Fanart Options

Update Metadata
Overwrite Existing Metadata
Update Fanart
Overwrite Existing Fanart
Import TV as Sage Recordings

Once we have selected an entry this pop-up dialog would allow us to find the meta data for a particular entry and decide if we how we want to update the entry

A good use-case for this is a TV show I want to update the FanArt but not the Metadata from the EPG (want to keep the episode details from the EPG but the series does not yet have any FanArt downloaded)

Thoughts?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I've linked to sflamm's install guide form the first post. It's very well done. Thanks sflamm.
Razorsharp has the correct link for the Phoenix 1.44 jar files, the above mentioned post is also wrong, but thanks for the instructions. I tried the fore mentioned bmt.xml file with no luck.

Despite my best effort's and the instruction link, I cannot get passed the status errors on the Jetty page. I tried importing the mxl file and that gave me the menu options but would not run any thing. So I think I am going to stick with Jetty as the instruction file mentions being able to run exclusivly from the web page. I am running the latest released Sage 6.6.2 w/ SageMC 6.3.9a. Noit really sure where to go from here, as I have already manually installed all of the files 2-3 times with no luck. It must be something else needed from another install??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 10-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Sage Icon

I've also noticed a few bugs when using the "Title Contains" search dialog under "Browse Media".

Even though I am testing with only 3 different entries, it has returned "2 items" when there could only be 1 match. And it only displays 1 item.

When I type a search string that has more than 1 word, it returns a pop-up error dialog "Message from webpage. Service return an error".
Old 10-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Skybolt:

Take a look at the install doc (on page 99) of this thread.
It has the corrected links.

I've sent the updated doc to Sean to update the link on Page 1.

Follow the instructions exactly and it will work (Since you are using SageMC, make sure you follow all the steps for SageMC). This includes the start/restart of the server.

Did you check the SageMC->Menu->Status to see that all the right versions are installed?

Last edited by sflamm; 10-19-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
...Take a look at the install doc (on page 99) of this thread. It has the corrected links. ... Did you check the SageMC->Menu->Status to see that all the right versions are installed?
Thanks for the reply,

"5. Install latest Phoenix JAR (currently: Phoneix JAR v1.44.zip)

Zip Files:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9087&d=1253788715"

6. Install latest SageMC Beta (currently: SageMC_6_3_9b_12.zip) [Optional if you use the Default STV]

Zip Files:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9086&d=1253788687"

These two links are reversed.

I am planning on only using the Jetty UI, as I think it is possable.
"Install 3.x BMT plugin (Current version 3.1) [Optional - BMT can be run from Web UI only without Plugin]"

I am running Sage 6.6.2 build 218 as a service and have SageMC 6.3.9a installed on four extenders. I did not update to the latest SageMC beta but did follow the rest of the instructions word for word. Jetty is wrking fine and configured without a username/password and on port 88. I have neilms webserver running on port 87 -not sure if that matters, don't really see why it would.

I get the Jetty, metadata page and the Tab for the web page is titled "Metadata Tools 3.0.4" although the files were installed from th e3.1 zip. When I load the page I get apartial loaded page and the messages:

"Failed to get status for: Phoenix" and the same for "Metadata Tools" and "Sage". using the "configure" button gives me an entry box in the upper left but nothing else except the status errors. Clicking on "scan" brings upth eselection options and tries to scan but returns "Service return an error" - exact words.

Not sure where to go from here, I have removed all of the files installed and stasrt over fresh serveral times and replaced the files manually. I guess I can not use what appears to be an awesome plug-in. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Thanks for the reply,

Zip Files:

6. Install latest SageMC Beta (currently: SageMC_6_3_9b_12.zip) [Optional if you use the Default STV]

Zip Files:

I am planning on only using the Jetty UI, as I think it is possable.
"Install 3.x BMT plugin (Current version 3.1) [Optional - BMT can be run from Web UI only without Plugin]"

I am running Sage 6.6.2 build 218 as a service and have SageMC 6.3.9a installed on four extenders. I did not update to the latest SageMC beta but did follow the rest of the instructions word for word. Jetty is wrking fine and configured without a username/password and on port 88. I have neilms webserver running on port 87 -not sure if that matters, don't really see why it would.

I get the Jetty, metadata page and the Tab for the web page is titled "Metadata Tools 3.0.4" although the files were installed from th e3.1 zip. When I load the page I get apartial loaded page and the messages:

"Failed to get status for: Phoenix" and the same for "Metadata Tools" and "Sage". using the "configure" button gives me an entry box in the upper left but nothing else except the status errors. Clicking on "scan" brings upth eselection options and tries to scan but returns "Service return an error" - exact words.

Not sure where to go from here, I have removed all of the files installed and stasrt over fresh serveral times and replaced the files manually. I guess I can not use what appears to be an awesome plug-in. Thanks for the help.
Since you are not running the latest sagemc, I would start with just installing jetty (which you have working) and then bmt. (Forget updated phoenix jar and sagemc at this point). With just that installed, does that work.

Since sagemc and bmt both ship a phoenix.jar, then the order you install these add-ons matter. It used to be that bmt 3.1 contained the newest version, but right now, the latest sagemc contains the newest version. So if you installed bmt, then an OLDER version of sagemc, then you'll have issues.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Zip Files:

Zip Files:

Yes - that is the correction I made to the document. The version of page 99 contains the update. The version on the 1st page needs to be updated still.

Sean: Can you update the 1st page with the latest doc I sent you please?

Quote:
I am running Sage 6.6.2 build 218 as a service and have SageMC 6.3.9a installed on four extenders.
Why not update to the 6.3.9b12 and include the latest Phoenix JAR on the four extenders? Doing so DOES NOT require BMT and will NOT have a negative effect. (that's what I have...)

Quote:
Since sagemc and bmt both ship a phoenix.jar, then the order you install these add-ons matter. It used to be that bmt 3.1 contained the newest version, but right now, the latest sagemc contains the newest version
This is pointed out clearly in the install doc. Order is important.

Quote:
Follow the instructions exactly and it will work (Since you are using SageMC, make sure you follow all the steps for SageMC).
How about just doing this?

Last edited by sflamm; 10-20-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Sage Icon

I could update the extenders with the latest SageMC beta, but I don't care if BMT is accessable through the interface. I would perfer just using Jetty. But neither the web or the UI import works for me.

Jetty is setup and working just fine, as far as I can tell. I get a partial page from BMT, I just get the status errors.

If I use the Jetty inerface, do I still need to update to the latest SageMC beta? - It looks like I don't and I can use just the Jetty interface?

At this point I will try what ever works. But as stated in my previous post, I followed step for step to get the Jetty interface working, except updateing the SageMC beta. I don't see how updateing the SageMC UI bata (xml file) will make the Jetty interface work?

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

Well - thanks for trying to help guys. I guess this isn't going to work. Jetty is working fine as I can run neilms web page through it without any problems. BMT runs but gives status errors and stops. I am not trying to run BMT through the Sage UI, and only want to run through Jetty.

If anyone can has had status errors and resolved this issue, please post.

I tried razrsharpe's link and that did not help here (thanks for posting razrsharpe).

Thanks,
Skybolt
Old 10-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I could update the extenders with the latest SageMC beta, but I don't care if BMT is accessable through the interface.
At a minimum you need to run the right Phoenix API version on the extenders. It should match the Phoenix APIs elsewhere. The easiest way to do this is to install the latest (1.44) everywhere and on the server install it AFTER you have installed BMT.

Quote:
If I use the Jetty interface, do I still need to update to the latest SageMC beta?
The SageMC beta fixes certain bugs when using Phoenix/BMT. If you are not using SageMC then you dont need it. If you are, then I would say it is highly recommended (unless you enjoy the bugs).

Quote:
I don't see how updateing the SageMC UI bata (xml file) will make the Jetty interface work?
The SageMC Beta will not affect the BMT Web UI. It does make use of the Phoenix API, but has nothing to do with SageMC.

Make sure you restart the server after making changes - as the BMT Web UI (Jetty Web Server) is loaded from the server.
And of course... remember to stop the server before making the changes in the 1st place

Last edited by sflamm; 10-20-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
At a minimum you need to run the right Phoenix API version on the extenders. It should match the Phoenix APIs elsewhere. The easiest way to do this is to install the latest (1.44) everywhere and on the server install it AFTER you have installed BMT.

The SageMC beta fixes certain bugs when using Phoenix/BMT. If you are not using SageMC then you dont need it. If you are, then I would say it is highly recommended (unless you enjoy the bugs).

The SageMC Beta will not affect the BMT Web UI. It does make use of the Phoenix API, but has nothing to do with SageMC.

Make sure you restart the server after making changes - as the BMT Web UI (Jetty Web Server) is loaded from the server.
Thanks for the quick reply, but I have already followed your explicit instructions to the Tee, except for the latest SageMC beta, Again I only want to use the Jetty Interface. I have no bugs as far as I can tell with the current SageMC, the latest beta is only an XML file as far as I can tell?

I have restarted the service many times. I have no problems tweaking sage, I just can't seem to get BMT running right... I have loaded Phoenix 1.44 after BMT, it is only in one place /JARs and dated 9/13/2009 12:53 PM.

This should be a very straight forward install a sthere seems to be noting out of the ordinary. Jetty was a breeze and setting up neilms web page to run on Jetty was a breeze as was his web server amd SageMC. I must have an incompatable file some where mucking this up.

This is a very clean server dedicated to SageTv and nothing else. I have another box I experiment with and I can not get BMT runnig on that either.

Again thank you for your help. I guess my next step is to remove all traces on BMT and start over.

-Skybolt
Old 10-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I have it running on the standard port 8080 (i.e. http://localhost:8080/bmt/)
If you arent running on 8080 - I recommend you give that a shot in case you are trying to run on top of something else...

I've attached a couple screen shots with all the setting info... maybe that will help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MetadataTools.JPG (58.7 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg sageMC.JPG (51.8 KB, 239 views)
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Sage Icon

man... thats really weird... more stuff to try:

• using the context file that i linked to try forcing loading the web ui from scratch (not from the cache).. Press Cntrl+F5 to force a reload. Then it should reprompt you for credentials.. which you will need to enter.. by default sage/frey unless you changed them (highly reccomended) in the realm.properties file
  • Backup your sage uninstall, shutdown the service and try one or both of these (restart the service after)
    • navigate to .\\Sagetv\jetty\webapps if there is a BMT directory delete it (or rename/move it in case something goes wrong). DO NOT delete the bmt.war file. BMT will recreate the directory the next time it loads.
    • navigate to your users temp directory C:\Documents and Settings\%%user name%%\Local Settings\Temp and delete the BMT directory (or rename/move it in case something goes wrong). Again BMT will recreate the directory the next time it loads.
Are you positive that jetty is working properly? the reason i ask is because in one of your previous posts you say that you have nielms web running on a different port (87) then your jetty server (88). Then you allude to the fact that you can get to nielms web as proof that jetty is working. If you deployed nielms web under jetty (v2.25) then they should be the same port (88 in your example). Nielms web is still being released under the old webserver as well... so it can lead to some confusion.

BMT website: http://jettyserver:jettyport/bmt
nielms web (under jetty): http://jettyserver:jettyport/sage/Home

the "failed to get status error" for me meant that i wasnt authenticating when i should have been. The webui would work kind of but not reliably. That's what the new context.xml file does. It enables authentication requiring a user/password to enter the bmt ui. If you are not getting prompted for a pw then something is amiss.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your efforts very much.

razrsharpe - I do get the authenication prompt with the newer btm.xml file. I also have both neilms web server running on port 87 (version 2.25) and to test Jetty, I installed the Jetty addon running on port 88, found here:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...ighlight=Jetty

I could not locate the bmt user dir as you state in any of the use dir's. I did delete and watch bmt recreate the webapp dir. just fine.

sflamm - Thanks for the screen shot's I believe my issue maybe in the fact I do not get a Pheonix Jar version from my settings window. But I am not sure if Phoenix is need to run BMT, that is un-clear to me. I did however install the Phoenix.jar 1.44 file many time's in th e/JARs dir. and did a search or any occurance on the server for another copy and there was none. My Sage settings look as yours, ecxept my SageMC version. I will try upgrading tonight, to the latest beta, but that should not effect anything as far as Jetty in concerned - I believe.

This is very strange, this stuff is so straight forward. I wish I could debug the loading of BMT somehow?

I attached the errors I recieve, the semi blank screens are as far as I can get. There has been no progress or change since my first post as this screen error is what promted me to post. I get the status errors for Pheonix, Metadata and Sage.

Thaks again.
-Skybolt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMT_Screen_Shot.jpg (45.4 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg BMT_Scan.jpg (45.2 KB, 239 views)

Last edited by Skybolt; 10-21-2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the clearer explanation... it makes sense in my head now

Some Background Info on BMT/Phoenix:

BMT uses the phoenix.api as a backend. phoenix uses another api (sagex.api) to interface to the internal sage.api (This is installed with phoenix and does not require more setup). In your setup for some reason this communication seems to be failing. BMT/phoenix can not talk to the internal sagetv api. BMT creates a mailcheck.log (in your route sagetv folder) that should dump everything phoenix/bmt related. Take a look in there or post it here.

I know stuckless has been busy lately with the rest of his life but hopefully he gets a chance to peruse the contents of your log file for some clues.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

Skybolt: What version of SageTV are you running? 6.6.2?

Can you post a screen shot of your SageMC status and the mailcheck.log files?

I've updated the install instructions (1st page link) with the corrections and some debugging info.

Last edited by sflamm; 10-21-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for hanging in there guys!

sflamm - the status is hard but I'll try for that one when I get home. Also - the theSage verion I am running is the same as yours based on your screen shot, 6.6.2.218.

razrsharpe - Thaks for the API info, that explains alot and give me a starting point.

Here is my mailcheck.log file - definetly api errors talking with sage.

thanks again,
Skybolt
Attached Files
File Type: txt mailcheck.log.txt (51.0 KB, 195 views)
Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

How about .rar'ing up you SageTV directory, and trying a new install. Doesnt take long...
Old 10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, tried installing over the original and also sagemc. updated Jave to 1.6.0.16 had .03. - reinstalled all as instructed, even the Phoenix API.

Don't know where to go from here... I guess I don't really need DVD cover art that bad

Thanks Guys.
-Skybolt
Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

Install over? Does that mean remove?
I'd literally RAR up your old directory.
Move it elsewhere.
Uninstall. Delete the Program Files/SageTV directory and then reinstall.
Something weird is going on...
I'd hold off on installing the Nielms web stuff until after this is working.
Keep it simple.