SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Not sure I'm understanding the two posts above. Netflix is not required for Pandora - although you could use the same method to do the Pandora plugin on an extender as you can to do the Netflix plugin on an extender.
I was just asking if it would be necessary to use the Netflix method to get this to work on the HD100.

I didnt get alot of time to play with it, but when I had it on, I had no sound.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Ah - understand now. Yes you would have to use the method they are using with the Netflix plugin to get sound on extenders with this plugin as well. No other way that I know of.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:11 PM

Fantastic STVi

Great import. Have been using sage and pandora independently until I came across this post.

Thanks!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm lost on the netflix plugin deal... I have Pandora launching and showing up ok on the extender still no sound, I have the S video from my video card going into and analog s video tuner, but getting goofed up on the tv channel and watch now bit.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage Icon

did you also run the line out of your sound card into the tuner card as well? I think that was a requirement for the Netflix work-around too.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yes I did, but am only getting blue screen and static for sound from s vid, the pandora launches on the hd100 np, probably something to do with watch now, but that thread is tough to follow as it deals with Netflix and people with netflix accounts.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMitz View Post
Great import. Have been using sage and pandora independently until I came across this post.
Thanks. I'm glad you are enjoying it.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Yes I did, but am only getting blue screen and static for sound from s vid, the pandora launches on the hd100 np, probably something to do with watch now, but that thread is tough to follow as it deals with Netflix and people with netflix accounts.
Ignore all the stuff about Netflix in that thread. The important part is setting up a spare analog (svideo) tuner as a video source mapped to a specific channel. Open up Windows Media Player or something and play some music. Go into Sage and tune your svideo channel and see if you have sound. If you are not getting sound make sure you are using the line out of your sound card and have the output volume turned up. Do you have multiple sound cards?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Connecting to Pandora

...Internet Explorer cannot connect to site http://www.Pandora.com/?cmd=mini. This occurs after the player begins to load and then it stops and displays a this program cannot display the webpage screen. When I try this manually through IE, no problem. What am I doing wrong?

uuhh wait, if I close the IE error window really fast, Pandora will continue to load. Weird.

Also, I copy and pasted the feeds link in but I don't get any new stations even after I close Sage/Service and restart.

Last edited by skyeclad; 07-14-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, no multiple sound cards, wonder if it has something to do with the svideo output on the servers vid card, cant get it where it seems to be working right, just a cheapy Fx5500 as it doesnt really need to do much.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
...Internet Explorer cannot connect to site http://www.Pandora.com/?cmd=mini. This occurs after the player begins to load and then it stops and displays a this program cannot display the webpage screen. When I try this manually through IE, no problem. What am I doing wrong?

uuhh wait, if I close the IE error window really fast, Pandora will continue to load. Weird.

Also, I copy and pasted the feeds link in but I don't get any new stations even after I close Sage/Service and restart.
I'm not sure about the IE problem. Are you using IE 7? Anything peculiar settings?

Regarding the stations feed - you need to input just the ID and not the entire link/URL.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Nope, no multiple sound cards, wonder if it has something to do with the svideo output on the servers vid card, cant get it where it seems to be working right, just a cheapy Fx5500 as it doesnt really need to do much.
I am using the output from my wireless cameras for the video part and notice that the audio can get choppy when there is interference on the cameras/video.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

A huge thank you for this plugin!! It has worked flawlessly for me so far and Im just loving all the music. It could not be any simpler to use and my wife can attest to that!

Thanks again!!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I'm not sure about the IE problem. Are you using IE 7? Anything peculiar settings?

Regarding the stations feed - you need to input just the ID and not the entire link/URL.
I am using IE7 but I don't think I have any strange settings. I rarely use IE7 really so I don't mind resetting all settings back to default if that helps. I just don't get why is pops a quick error message saying that it can't connect but if I close that error really quick, it continues to load. Otherwise, it fails.

OH so the link isn't necessary just my e-mail address sans the "@gmail.com" part right?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey, nice plugin! I think my wife would especially like this. Is there any way to add the Artist pic and info that is available from down below on the web page?
Old 07-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank You!

Great plugin! It works great. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
OH so the link isn't necessary just my e-mail address sans the "@gmail.com" part right?
Probably but go to the Pandora feeds page to verify.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Hey, nice plugin! I think my wife would especially like this. Is there any way to add the Artist pic and info that is available from down below on the web page?
I could probably do it with some HTML "scraping" but would rather avoid this at the moment. Maybe in the future...
Old 07-15-2008, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Bug Report:
I have no issues at all when listening to a single Pandora station. But when I switch to another Pandora Station using the plugin the station label, cover and song title on the SageTV screen freeze to the last song played on the previous station. This happens even though the music does change and the Pandora Player reflects the change in the background. Another side effect is that I can't close the player after that without doing a forced shutdown of the Pandora Player.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Bug Report:
I have no issues at all when listening to a single Pandora station. But when I switch to another Pandora Station using the plugin the station label, cover and song title on the SageTV screen freeze to the last song played on the previous station. This happens even though the music does change and the Pandora Player reflects the change in the background. Another side effect is that I can't close the player after that without doing a forced shutdown of the Pandora Player.
Strange. You could try a different communication port for the Pandora Player in case there is some kind of conflict. Shut down Sage and modify "pandora/port" in the properties file. If you are using extenders too you will have to do this for each properties file so that the ports match.