SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Changing the HD-100 remote codes?

I like how Sage used the Hauppauge remote codes for their HD-100. However, what I would like to do is to have an HD-100 and an MVP hooked up to the same TV. I am trying to acheive a PIP setup. The only problem is they use the same codes. Does anybody know of a way to change the codes the HD-100 (or the MVP) so that they can be next to each other and not interfere?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

You can't change the remotes, but the HD100 is capable of learning different IR codes, any RC5 code IIRC, just go into Detailed Setup -> Configuration -> Learn.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Administrator

You can also 'unlearn' a code for a command, so that code will do nothing on a unit.

But, the thing you can't do is change the codes that the HD100 responds to for turning it on & off.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

You can also use Neil's webserver interface to control either or both units and block off the incoming IR to the clients or only use it for power.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize the HD-100 could learn a different remote code. I'll have to read up on RC5 and IIRC. Never had to delve into that before.

Next question, can this be something that is done in a text mode environment? Or can I backup the codes I enter, just in case something happens.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

I believe you can just delete the remote config from the properties file if you screw up the config.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Administrator

The ui/rc_mappings/<command name> properties for each extender store its remote control IR mappings. If you haven't customized the codes for a command, that command's line won't be listed.

Extender properties files are found in the 'clients' folder under the SageTV install dir, and are named <mac_address>.properties.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdcknsn View Post
I like how Sage used the Hauppauge remote codes for their HD-100. However, what I would like to do is to have an HD-100 and an MVP hooked up to the same TV. I am trying to acheive a PIP setup. The only problem is they use the same codes. Does anybody know of a way to change the codes the HD-100 (or the MVP) so that they can be next to each other and not interfere?
If you happen to have a URC remote, you might want to try VCR0081 as a code for the MVP. I use it for my MVP remotes so I could map buttons to commands which fit the layout of my 6131n remote without changing the MVP remote's button definitions. This would allow you to unlearn the commands on the MVP device.

Of course you could just use an IR extender and blast devices to single ports. Then just tape/mask the IR receivers on the devices.

B
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

I thought it was some new age remote control thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

I believe you can just delete the remote config from the properties file if you screw up the config.