SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

An Incredible Product

I am extremely impressed with SageTV the company, the support cummunity, the HD-100 and SageTV software. This is the best tech solution i've ever purchased (the other is the SlimBox fro Slim devices). SageTV is rock solid, well designed, user friendly, and there are so many features available that I'm still finding them after about a month of using it. Wow. Thanks for a great product at a reasonable price!

The only negatives I can see, is that it is so easy to record and watch shows, that I don't have enough time to watch everything I am recording and now i want to replace my $1800 Sony XBR 36" SD set with a HD one.

BrandyPuff
Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
I am extremely impressed with SageTV the company, the support cummunity, the HD-100 and SageTV software. This is the best tech solution i've ever purchased (the other is the SlimBox fro Slim devices). SageTV is rock solid, well designed, user friendly, and there are so many features available that I'm still finding them after about a month of using it. Wow. Thanks for a great product at a reasonable price!

The only negatives I can see, is that it is so easy to record and watch shows, that I don't have enough time to watch everything I am recording and now i want to replace my $1800 Sony XBR 36" SD set with a HD one.

BrandyPuff
Awsome to hear, and welcome to the community. If you haven't purchased one already, you would not be dissappointed with the HD-PVR either. I finally got a working one in, and it makes SageTV beat any DVR out there, with no drawbacks finally.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

No drawbacks except no 5.1 support yet :-)
Old 06-20-2008, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Awsome to hear, and welcome to the community. If you haven't purchased one already, you would not be dissappointed with the HD-PVR either. I finally got a working one in, and it makes SageTV beat any DVR out there, with no drawbacks finally.

If only they could get enough in stock! Ordered mine a week ago and I still have at least another 2 weeks until it ships! Oh well. At least mine will be one of the new ones with the internal fan!
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 06-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
If only they could get enough in stock! Ordered mine a week ago and I still have at least another 2 weeks until it ships! Oh well. At least mine will be one of the new ones with the internal fan!
I hear your pain. Imagine ordering one, and getting one, only to have it crash after five seconds of capture. Then imagine sending it back, knowing what you have seen, while you watch the posts of the few lucky who are commenting on how well theirs works and how stable theirs is. All the while you stare out the window waiting on the UPS guy, to once again, deliver your now fixed HDPVR. Oh, and imagine having ordered two, but only recieving one for the time being. Now you know my tortured life....
Old 06-20-2008, 08:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
I hear your pain. Imagine ordering one, and getting one, only to have it crash after five seconds of capture. Then imagine sending it back, knowing what you have seen, while you watch the posts of the few lucky who are commenting on how well theirs works and how stable theirs is. All the while you stare out the window waiting on the UPS guy, to once again, deliver your now fixed HDPVR. Oh, and imagine having ordered two, but only recieving one for the time being. Now you know my tortured life....
Okay, you win. I at least have not seen the promised land (other than a few web clips).
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdiablo View Post
No drawbacks except no 5.1 support yet :-)
Doesn't it do pass through ? I hope so cuz I just ordered one myself.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Sage User

BRILLIANT!!

Just thought I'd pass a note saying I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my SageTV Media Extender - worth every penny.

I ordered the HD100 last Saturday (6/21), and expected delivery to take a week or two. It arrived yesterday - only 3-ish business days. Very nice. Then I unpacked it, expecting to spend an hour or so getting all the bells and whistles to work. Within 2 minutes of power-on, I was connected to my SageTV server and watching recorded content. I then tested playing a DivX - worked great! Live TV? No problem. It was AWESOME! I am totally satisfied

I don't yet subscribe to HD content, so I haven't tinkered with that part, but when I do - I suspect my expectations will be met as well!

SageTV, and its respective components, is definitely in my Top-5 all-time favorite applications; and I've been doing this type of work since 1985.

I've been impressed since I started my evaluation, but the ease of activating the HD100 was the icing on the cake.

I could go on and on about the product, but I don't want to sound *too* fanboy-ish ;-)

To the SageTV Developers and Team - THANK YOU!! I'm an extremely happy camper.

Cheers,
Arpotu!