SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Any Voice Recognition for SageTV?

Hey MediaPortal has this plugin called MyVoice check it out on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BcWSxoWLcWI

I was wondering if SageTv has anything like this, I would like to set it up with Sage if possible?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

This actually might not be that hard to implement but it doesn't exist now.

I use the HAL automation plugin and by using HAL I could easily get basic functionality going. Using the webserver interface you could request the playback on the local instance or any client. Emulating what you can do with say an MVP remote would not be too difficult but this guy has some level of integration as he can call music by title or artist. I'm pretty sure this functionality is already inside HAL but it has it's own player and so wouldn't be too helpful but might be desirable in a whole house situation.

Right now I use no voice recognition as I didn't wire for mics and my server is headless. I really prefer the remote style control Sage provides after playing with voice recognition.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I don't know about HAL but like you said this is very integrated with the music and thing, I hope someone can make a plugin like this, they look at the plugin at the MediaPortal website, and maybe implement this on Sage because with this integration it makes things "easier" and seem more "cooler".

I'll be waiting on this! Hopefully someone can make it.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've not taken the time to check out what the MediaPortal solution does but there's a Speech Recognition plugin for Girder which might work fory you.

http://www.avepro.com/SpeechPlugin/

Mick.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

MickP I'll look into it, first I need to get a wireless headset lol; First things first. I hope someone can come up with an easy to set up plugin solution until then i'll try what I can. I'm already getting excited