SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Sage User

24-Hour Weather Update Only

I'm having a problem with the weather component of my Sage 6. Here's the deal. I'll open the click on Weather and it will open with fresh data, always less than an hour old. Later in the day, say 3 hours, I'll open it again, but it won't update. If I wait a full 24 hours from the first update, it will update with fresh data again. Otherwise, if I change the zip code info, it will update instantly.

This wasn't didn't always do this. I think it was working properly about 3 weeks ago. Perhaps there's a conflict with some of the recent Windows Updates?

Can you help? Here's what I think might be helpful:
WinXP Home
Windows Firewall
No problems with EPG
weather_cache.properties has been deleted and auto-recreated

Thanks for whatever you can do!

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 06-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator

The weather source (weather.com) changed its service. Use the v6.4 beta for updated weather support.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Sage User

I'm not sure I want to run Beta software. Is it stable? Is there some way to incorporate the updated weather portions without moving to v6.4 beta?

Thanks!

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 06-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I'm not sure I want to run Beta software. Is it stable?
It has been stable for me. If there are problems with the software, the beta period is a good tiome to find them & let SageTV know so the issues can be fixed instead released that way.

Quote:
Is there some way to incorporate the updated weather portions without moving to v6.4 beta?
No, some of the weather changes are in the core and that is only updated in v6.4.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Sage User

Very well then. Thanks much. Maybe I'll try the beta.

Core-i5 6600k
16GB RAM
Hauppauge WinTV-QuadHD
Win10
Old 06-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Sage Icon

Sage's betas are not like most the betas seem to be very well tested internally and is a buffer so many web users can test it before it's the production download on the main site.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

Of course if you are really worried about using a Beta, you can always just live with the reduced functionality for Weather that you have for now and wait until the next formal release.

Sage will never comment on when the next beta or full release will be out so you won't know if it will be days, weeks, or months that you have to wait. Historically, it seems like they put out a new Beta, Release Candidate, or full release about every 3-12 weeks. The last Beta was put out a couple of days ago.

If you are thinking of trying a Beta, I suggest looking at the Beta section of this forum to see what kind of success or problems other people are reporting. Also, do the install on a day when you have a few hours free and nothing critical that you need to record, just in case you run into problems, and make a backup of your Sage folder before you start. Chances are, it will work fine for you, but you never know...
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR