SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Missing DirecTV Channel in EPG

I've searched other threads and can't find the answer. I hope someone can help.

I'm using the new Hauppauge HD PVR hooked up to a DirecTV receiver to record HD. The setup works great, but one of my channels went missing (DTV channel 380, which is WCBS, an East Coast CBS affiliate). If I go into "Channel Setup," the channel is there but, when I add it, it does not show up in the EPG. I've tried deleting and re-adding it, but it makes no difference.

Any ideas or suggestions? Is there a way to view what's really going on under-the-hood, that is, is channel info stored in a readable file somewhere?

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Administrator

If you've enabled it in Channel Setup, then it most likely isn't missing but combined with another channel number that has the same station name -- in the v6.3-B PDF manual, see the bottom of page 47 or the top of page 146.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, this is probably what's going on. I thought DTV broadcast WCBS on only one channel number (380), it turns out it's on channel 80 as well. I'll have to wait 'til I get home to verify that this is the problem, but it sounds likely.

BTW, is there any way to see the mappings without going into each channel one-by-one? Or to reset everything to it's default mapping?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnelsonic View Post
BTW, is there any way to see the mappings without going into each channel one-by-one? Or to reset everything to it's default mapping?
Not that I can think of, since I haven't needed to do that. About the best way to reset everything would be to remove the sage.properties file and reconfigure everything, but that's a bit drastic if you don't really need to do it.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bad news: I checked and these channels aren't being combined. I did learn a few things about how mapping works, however, so the effort wasn't wasted. Thanks for the help.

I'm going to try removing the tuner and starting over from scratch. A bit painful (since I'll have to select/deselect all my channels again) but I'm willing to do it if it cures the issue.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Sage Expert

is there away to separate the channels? I have HD Homerun which has the baltimore HD ota network stations. I then have HD PVR with STB with Baltimore HD network stations. I want to be able to see the STB box stations which have disappeared from the guide so that if I want to watch from STB, I can do that versus OTA.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnelsonic View Post
Bad news: I checked and these channels aren't being combined.
Are you sure they aren't listed somewhere in the Guide? Use the Options command while on the Program Guide menu, then configure it to sort channels by name & look for the channel that way. If a channel is enabled in Channel Setup, I don't kow how it could be left out of the Guide, unless you've installed a customization that blocks some channels from being listed... is your Program Guide menu customized?

- Andy
Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Use the Options command while on the Program Guide menu, then configure it to sort channels by name & look for the channel that way.
Good idea. I scoured the list pretty hard, but DTV may have tucked another version of the channel up in the four-digit listings somewhere that I missed. I'll try the alternate sorting and post back the results.

I was able to hack around this in the meantime. My original problem was that I couldn't get channel 380 to show up in the guide, but I could get channel 80 to show up, even though I don't subscribe to it from DTV. Both are WCBS, so I selected channel 80 and mapped it to 380. This gets me the EPG data and solves my problem, but it's a kludge.