SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Sage User

Have some questions about the extender capability

I am thinking about purchasing SageTV along with the extender, however, I have a few questions regarding the extender's capabilities

1. If I was to purchase it, would this bundle include all the softwares needed. SageTV HD Media Extender with SageTV Media Center for Windows software bundle

2. Most of my current viewing is mkv files. How well can it handle it?

3. I am also ripping my HD DVDs to my server in the form of mkvs, with the video untouched and the audio re-encoded to multi-channel flac. Can the extender support this?

4. Can I control what the extender plays from my "server"? The main purpose for this is that I don't want to turn on my TV to play music. I would rather remote into my sage server and tell it what to play on the extender.

5. I am a big fan to TV series on DVD, does Sage offer any plug-in, etc. to organize, view, and play them back. Something like the My TVSeries plugin for mediaportal (screenshots)

I am sick of dealing with video card drivers, codecs, etc. just to get simple playback to work. I know that the extender is not perfect, but I am really hoping the it will be able to do 90% of the things my current HTPC does.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage User

I also have one more question.

I plan on installing Sage on a temporary system so that I can gather funds to put together a full fledged server. Can I transfer my license between the machines?