SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

First HD extender works, latest HD extender does not....

The java code I've written to enable remote control of the clients and extenders has so far worked great, including with the HD extenders. However, one of the users of the code says that his first HD extender worked just fine, but his latest HD extender does not respond when given the same commands ("Down", pause, etc).

I've looked in the console messages, and I don't see any errors. My java thread starts upon load, like it always does. It creates the correct API for the context (the new extender MAC id). The java code I wrote is communicating 2-ways with the remote connection, but it never senses any changes in the state of the context....in other words, if the new HD extender is paused via remote, my java code does not detect that. So, any changes made physically to the new extender are not being reflected on my end, and any commands I send the extender are not being acted upon.

So, it is acting just like I'm using the wrong UI context address. But since it's just the MAC id, it's hard to get that wrong. I also checked the console window for some evidence of how Sage is referring to the device. I found this:

Code:
Mon 5/26 9:58:48.850 MiniUI got connection from Socket[addr=/192.168.1.120,port=1077,localport=31099]
Mon 5/26 9:58:48.851 MiniUI is adding to its map:001exxxxxxxx
Mon 5/26 9:58:48.851 Creating new UI for client:001exxxxxxxx
Mon 5/26 9:58:48.852 Creating-2 new UI for client:001exxxxxxxx UIManager:localhost@@001exxxxxxxx-1fd0d1
Mon 5/26 9:58:49.109 MiniUI established for 001exxxxxxxx
That is the mac ID of the extender in question (xx'd by me), and it matches the UI context being created.

Any idea where to look next? Again to summarize, this code was working just fine with the first HD extender he bought, but does not work with this new one.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

He would be me, and i can do any tests/etc y'all suggest. Quite wacky, really.

The wackiest bit is that another CQC'er who also has a new-round extender reports no worries, so it's not some funky firmware version thing.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Sage Icon

Finally got around to another test on this.

The latest extender works fine via Nielm's webserver plugin, but doesn't respond to the CQC driver (which uses the API). I've got the MAC correct, so I dunno why this would be. The batch#2 extender that I got earlier works fine either way.

Both are upgraded to the latest beta firmware, although I did test on the latest production firmware also.

Beelzerob - is that what you needed me to do?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ya, and I admit I'm still baffled. Two different HD extenders, one works just fine with my java API code plugin, and the other doesn't....but both work fine with nielm's webserver. It seems to be narrowed down to my code, but I have no idea where to begin looking.

I believe I did some tests before where I tried to get a list of the available UI contexts, and I don't believe I saw the HD extender MAC ID even listed, which explains why my code wouldn't work. But I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to see it.