SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 05-21-2008, 05:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Don't buy HDHomerun from Buy.com (not an authorized reseller)

From Cocoontech.com:

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=10363&hl=
Old 05-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Sage User

Don't buy ANYTHING from Buy.com. EVER. Their prices are marginally ok. Their terms and conditions are crap. Their customer service is crap.

1) Their returns clock starts ticking when they say the item was shipped - if there is a delay in shipping that's YOUR problem. From their terms and conditions :
"you have 14 days from the date your product left the warehouse (regardless of when you actually took delivery of the product) to get a valid RMA from our website and get your product to a shipper to return back to us."

2) You have no control over the shipping method and have no way to contact the shipping company, but if anything goes wrong, it's YOUR problem. From their terms and conditions :
"Title to goods and all risk of loss passes to you upon delivery to the common carrier."

I ordered something from them a while back, which I never received. In 10 years, it is the ONLY time I've every had a problem with a delivery to my work address. Their tracking number was invalid, and they ignored all my requests for additional shipping details (that I would need to contact the shipping company) - they just kept saying "status=received. No refund for you."

Never again.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Sage User

Send a message via Yahoo to clayginn
People always pay with a Visa Credit Card or Debit Card. I had same issue from Buy.com and did not get item. Called Visa done money back in my account and Buy.com sending me letters that this is against their policy. Trick is that if you use Visa they now have to follow Visa's policy.
Clients: 1-STX-HD100, 2-Media MVP, and 1-PC w/SageTV Client
Old 05-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Sage User

Buy.com ok for me, I guess I've been getting lucky...

I've always heard only good things about buy.com and have purchased from them many times. I've always gotten my items VERY fast, usually in 1 or 2 days! And that's using the free shipping option that states 5-9 business days. Saying that, I've never had to send an item back or contact their support - although I did once complete the process of getting an RMA # because the item I got turned out to be unnecessary - but I never sent it back.

You guys having problems with them will make me think twice the next time I make a purchase from them though!
Server/Client: SageTV 7.1.9, XP Pro SP3; ATI Radeon HD 4200 IGP, VMR9, 52" Sharp Aquos LC52D85U. Motherboard: MSI 785GM-E65, AMD Athlon II X3 425 Rana 2.7GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM; HDHomeRun (2x QAM), HVR-1600 (1x Analog, 1X QAM); A/V receiver: Onkyo TX-SR505