SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Beta 6.4.3: separately configurable lineups

Quote:
10. When setting up a new source with a lineup that is already in use by another source with a different connection type, added option to copy the already-used lineup to a separately configurable lineup for the new source so that different channels can be enabled. If the "epg/force_ask_to_copy_lineup" property is true (default: false), then the user will see this option when a lineup is already used, even if the connection type is the same.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

This will come in very handy when setting up the HD PVR as I only want to enable the HD channels on that tuner. All other channels in the lineup will be the same.

HC
Old 05-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Sage Icon

very cool, we've only been asking for this features for a couple of years. Better late than never though.

Now I don't have to use neighborly lineup for the HDHR.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Don't get too excited yet- I was doing a clean re-install of my SageTV Server when I saw that 6.4.3 was available - so I tried it out. When it came time to configure my HDHR - the first tuner worked, but configuring second tuner (which is usually just a matter of saying "use existing lineup") was impossible! It pulled all the settings from tuner 1, but it didn't tune to the channels correctly.

Reverting to 6.4.2 fixed the problem.

I filed a beta bug already.

btl.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

If it is a clean install you still have to do a scan. The frequency files are generated in the SageTV directory. Caveat: I don't have an HDHR, but this is how it works on the OTA/QAM cards.

B
Old 05-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
If it is a clean install you still have to do a scan. The frequency files are generated in the SageTV directory. Caveat: I don't have an HDHR, but this is how it works on the OTA/QAM cards.

B
HDHR generates the scanned data for you if you're using QAM mode, but I bet if you'd copy that generated data over to the other tuner definition, it'd work.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Don't get too excited yet- I was doing a clean re-install of my SageTV Server when I saw that 6.4.3 was available - so I tried it out. When it came time to configure my HDHR - the first tuner worked, but configuring second tuner (which is usually just a matter of saying "use existing lineup") was impossible! It pulled all the settings from tuner 1, but it didn't tune to the channels correctly.

Reverting to 6.4.2 fixed the problem.

I filed a beta bug already.

btl.
Why not just keep 6.4.3, and turn the setting off that allows you to copy the lineups?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post

B
Trust me - I know how to install this stuff. It is broken. At least in my specific setup.

btl.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
Why not just keep 6.4.3, and turn the setting off that allows you to copy the lineups?
I don't think that new setting applies to lineups on the same connection type - which the second tuner on the HDHR is.

btl.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Sage Icon

Thank you
That's why I'm a Sage fan. Sooner or later, they usually add what users been asking for
Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
I don't think that new setting applies to lineups on the same connection type - which the second tuner on the HDHR is.

btl.
As far as sage knows though, each tuner on a HDHR is an entirely seperate lineup. I'm going to try installing the new version on my server (after a good backup of course ), and see if it breaks it by default, or after the setting is turned on. If it breaks by default, I'll submit a trouble ticket as well (the more we throw at a problem, the quicker they fix it, lol).

I hope they can get it working correctly if it is broken, it sure would save me some trouble on my system (2x m780's on one lineup, the 2 tuners from HDHR on another city lineup, and everything else on my actual city lineup, I'm using 6 lineups for cable, and 1 for satellite).
Old 05-20-2008, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not convinced that the new feature is broken - I never saw any indication that the new feature was active - ie no prompts asking if I wanted to create a copy etc. I think two tuners plugged into the same source of the same type (ie HDHR) probably are NOT what this feature is aimed at.

An example of a scenario this feature is aimed at, if I understand things correctly, is having an HDHR and another QAM tuner (ie HVR-1600), all plugged into the same feed. In the past the HDHR channel linup was not at all usable on the HVR-1600. Now it could be via a copy of the lineup......
Old 05-20-2008, 09:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I would say the feature is meant to assist you in the process of building a lineup so that you can pull the same EPG for different source types. This was doable in the past, but in a very kludgy process.

B
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator

It will only ask to copy your lineup choice if the physical connection type is different when you choose an already-used lineup, or if you manually set the epg/force_ask_to_copy_lineup property to true. There isn't really an option to turn it off; you simply choose not to do the copy when it asks whether you want to create a copy.

But, if all you wanted to do was re-use the exact same lineup that the first HDHR tuner was using, there should have been an option earlier in the source setup where you can choose to re-use an existing lineup so you don't need to go all the way through channel setup again -- this is done on the Setup Wizard page that asks what type of Program Guide data to use, shown as step 7 on p. 151 of the v6.3-B PDF manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It will only ask to copy your lineup choice if the physical connection type is different when you choose an already-used lineup, or if you manually set the epg/force_ask_to_copy_lineup property to true. There isn't really an option to turn it off; you simply choose not to do the copy when it asks whether you want to create a copy.

But, if all you wanted to do was re-use the exact same lineup that the first HDHR tuner was using, there should have been an option earlier in the source setup where you can choose to re-use an existing lineup so you don't need to go all the way through channel setup again -- this is done on the Setup Wizard page that asks what type of Program Guide data to use, shown as step 7 on p. 151 of the v6.3-B PDF manual.

- Andy
That is what I did - "reuse an existing lineup" and selected the same one in use by tuner 1.

I didn't manually set the property, and never got the point where it asked if I wanted to create a copy.

This is how you setup the HDHR - and has been from day one - especially if you are using both tuners in the same mode (QAM in my case).

FYI - the problem, more specifically, is that I was seeing it tune to the wrong channel. In most cases it was offset by one. So when I used the second tuner and went to channel 4, it actually tuned into channel 5.

btl.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

New Guide Messed Up

I used the new guide copy for 2 other tuners and the guide looks bad. It states no data etc... also says TV Tuner on the guide. It looks like this for every channel. I backed off this... and went back to using neighboring listings and all looks fine. See Attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guide.JPG (89.6 KB, 334 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-20-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I used the new guide copy for 2 other tuners and the guide looks bad. It states no data etc...
Same.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Administrator

I heard that not many bug reports have been files about this... if you are having problems with it, please file a bug report so there are more people to check details with.

When I tried it for my setup, it worked fine, but it sounds like something isn't working somewhere along the line...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

I built out a new rig this past weekend with a clean install of Sage 6.4.3, copying over the wiz.bin file only. The copy lineup function seemed to work perfectly for me, with my HDHomeRun sharing the same channel selection between the two inputs and my Avermedia using the same lineup with different channel selections.

Once again, thank you for this feature. I finally have all my unencrypted QAM channels available on the HDHomerun.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

I did another clean install also - finally got it working. Previously I was following the directions on the silicondust website on how to configure the HDHR for QAM - and it only worked for the first HDHR. After changing some of their steps I was able to get all of the HDHR tuners a working.

Now if only the HD100 beta firmware didn't shift the entire image about 25 pixels to the right I'd be in beta heaven!

btl.