SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Sage User

SageMC New Install Issues

Hello,

I have been using SageTV for about 7 months now and have become fairly familiar with how it works. Having some free time this week I felt like I would try to make the transition to SageMC.

After reading available documentation and the blog located here, I began to install the application. The initial install seemed to go well. I was already up to date with Java and I downloaded sagemc_6_3_7a_full.zip from the SageMC page. After extracting the file to my SageTV directory, I restarted Sage; went to the Detailed Setup; and selected the SageTV Application Package "SageMC_169.xml". This did bring up the new UI, however at this point I encountered errors.

Many of my menu items were unable to be selected giving the error message that the shortcut is invalid. On screens such as the Recordings, the cursor highlighted all items it passed over. Finally in my Media Center view, some file folders identified just 2 items in the folder, but selecting the folder revealed that all items were accounted for.

I have been able to attach two menu items using the dynamic menus, but there are many more that are not listed on the selection list. I spent the afternoon searching the forums for users with similar problems but found no situation that was similar to my own.

I would imagine this problem has been encountered before but I am not sure how to remedy it or if it is even a problem (SageMC may ship like this but to me this seems wrong). I have attached several screen shots to futher show my issue.

I hope I have sufficiently identified my problem- please contact me with any additional questions or possible suggestions.

Thank you,

bama
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (48.7 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (51.4 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (44.2 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (64.4 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (69.6 KB, 247 views)
Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 AM
SageTVaholic

It looks like it was using your default menu from the Dynamic Menu plugin from the default STV. Just right click on the Main menu screen and choose "Main Menu Options"-"File"-"load other menu file" and browse and find the sagemc_menu.xml menu file. You may need to restart Sage after that.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Sage User

Gerry:

Your suggestion about the default menu fixed the myurgent problem (not being able to navigate the interface). Thanks.

To everyone:

Do you have any suggestions about the cursor highlighting all menu options it passes over or the media center not displaying the correct number of shows it contains?

Additionally, after playing with SageMC for a while this afternoon and last night I have come up with 2 additional questions:

1. Occasionally the cursor disappears when I am scrolling up and down menu lists, my first guess would be that the cursor is getting moved over to other content on the menu (I.E. the pictures that display based on the possible menu choice). If this is correct I would think that I can fix the problem by changing the layout of the menu.

2. Is there a way to remove the delete option on screens where the file is in my media center? I don't mind being able to delete from the Recordings- but I would like my Media Center to be a bit more protected against an accidental delete.

Thank you very much,

bama
Old 05-06-2008, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

For the cursor highlight... if you mean that the focus is following the mouse cursor then... go into setup, then detailed setup, select the customize menu button, then set "focus follows mouse movement" to No.

For the delete issue - in the My Videos screen, bring up the options menu when you are on the left hand menu (Esc on the keyboard), select Display Options, the first item will enable/disable Delete.

Hope this helps